Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Craig Barrett's new toy, Ford GT
pbanders
post Dec 10 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 805

I work at Intel, I'm at a site technology leadership conference where Craig spoke this morning. Right after his talk, he and I, along with a Fellow here who is an ex-Ford employee, walked out to the parking lot to check out his new Ford GT. White with blue stripe, a really impressive and imposing vehicle, engine clearly visible in the rear window, amazingly low-slung (about like a 914!). I saw a red one at the Phoenix auto show recently, but you don't get the real impact until you see one on the street. He loves it, but as you might expect, it's not a very practical vehicle - zero storage space, not even a glove compartment. If you have a breifcase and a passenger, your passenger will be holding the briefcase. He's got about 150 miles on it, and is planning on going to Bondurant when he gets the time.

You gotta love a technology leader whose idea of a commute car is a Ford GT!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Dec 10 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

I also work at Intel, but I am in Santa Clara, CA. Over a year ago a similar thing happened here and I posted the details on this site. Check it out...

Craig Barrett with Prototype Ford GT

-Britain
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Dec 10 2004, 12:43 PM
Post #3

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

Here is a cool pic from that post...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-2-1063216250.jpg)
+Quote Post
pbanders
post Dec 10 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 805

Awesome, I wish I'd known about this when Craig was here, I'm sure he'd have gotten a charge out of your photos.

At the same meeting today, one attending is an Intel Fellow who used to work for Ferrari on the F1 team in the mid '80's. His current car is a Diablo VT, we were gunning for him to bring his car to wok and have a "park off" with Craig's new Ford GT, and see which one gets the most attention.

Of course, the Diablo would win. It's yellow.
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Dec 10 2004, 05:00 PM
Post #5

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Nice to see lots of car guys at work, esp. at the top. There appear to be nearly zero serious car guys where I work. Despite 8000 employees, and some pretty stiff salaries, the one car-related internal mailing list has only 8 members. When I first posted to it a few weeks ago, three other people said they'd not seen a single post on it, and weren't sure there were any other active members...The other four people didn't say anything at all...
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 10 2004, 05:29 PM
Post #6

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(lapuwali @ Dec 10 2004, 04:00 PM)
Nice to see lots of car guys at work, esp. at the top. There appear to be nearly zero serious car guys where I work. Despite 8000 employees, and some pretty stiff salaries, the one car-related internal mailing list has only 8 members. When I first posted to it a few weeks ago, three other people said they'd not seen a single post on it, and weren't sure there were any other active members...The other four people didn't say anything at all...

I hear 'ya...our CFO is sorta into cars, he has a hot rod '57 Chevy, but is way, way behind the times with regards to technology....the head of engineering is so car-clueless it's sad...he removed the fuel injectors on his car thinking those are the spark plugs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 08:54 AM