Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Craig Barrett's new toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbanders
I work at Intel, I'm at a site technology leadership conference where Craig spoke this morning. Right after his talk, he and I, along with a Fellow here who is an ex-Ford employee, walked out to the parking lot to check out his new Ford GT. White with blue stripe, a really impressive and imposing vehicle, engine clearly visible in the rear window, amazingly low-slung (about like a 914!). I saw a red one at the Phoenix auto show recently, but you don't get the real impact until you see one on the street. He loves it, but as you might expect, it's not a very practical vehicle - zero storage space, not even a glove compartment. If you have a breifcase and a passenger, your passenger will be holding the briefcase. He's got about 150 miles on it, and is planning on going to Bondurant when he gets the time.

You gotta love a technology leader whose idea of a commute car is a Ford GT!
Britain Smith
I also work at Intel, but I am in Santa Clara, CA. Over a year ago a similar thing happened here and I posted the details on this site. Check it out...

Craig Barrett with Prototype Ford GT

-Britain
Britain Smith
Here is a cool pic from that post...

IPB Image
pbanders
Awesome, I wish I'd known about this when Craig was here, I'm sure he'd have gotten a charge out of your photos.

At the same meeting today, one attending is an Intel Fellow who used to work for Ferrari on the F1 team in the mid '80's. His current car is a Diablo VT, we were gunning for him to bring his car to wok and have a "park off" with Craig's new Ford GT, and see which one gets the most attention.

Of course, the Diablo would win. It's yellow.
lapuwali
Nice to see lots of car guys at work, esp. at the top. There appear to be nearly zero serious car guys where I work. Despite 8000 employees, and some pretty stiff salaries, the one car-related internal mailing list has only 8 members. When I first posted to it a few weeks ago, three other people said they'd not seen a single post on it, and weren't sure there were any other active members...The other four people didn't say anything at all...
Mueller
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Dec 10 2004, 04:00 PM)
Nice to see lots of car guys at work, esp. at the top. There appear to be nearly zero serious car guys where I work. Despite 8000 employees, and some pretty stiff salaries, the one car-related internal mailing list has only 8 members. When I first posted to it a few weeks ago, three other people said they'd not seen a single post on it, and weren't sure there were any other active members...The other four people didn't say anything at all...

I hear 'ya...our CFO is sorta into cars, he has a hot rod '57 Chevy, but is way, way behind the times with regards to technology....the head of engineering is so car-clueless it's sad...he removed the fuel injectors on his car thinking those are the spark plugs wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.