Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding NOS to type-4, Fast and the Furious
Aaron Cox
post May 22 2003, 09:34 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

you mean "Sneaky Pete"....slogan is "...Pete could always keep a secret!..."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 23 2003, 07:38 AM
Post #22

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

a really super idea for a 30 year old transmission. do you plan on some stop light action in your car? better put red-beards address on your file so you can get your trany fixed and include that cost before you start on this misadventure, and I think I do weird stuff to my car.

kevin
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post May 23 2003, 09:48 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 71

You guys are so ooooold schooooooool. Hell, if I was 18 I'd damn sure have NOS on whatever I was driving - it's gotta be the cheapest power you can make. Sure there's risks but for the most part we're talk'n about cars (Sentra, Civic...) that you can swap the whole drivetrain aircleaner to axle in a weekend for $400. So who cares. Pop a few $400 drive trains, beat some p-cars and vettes in stoplight drags, tell some lies (I mean racing stories)...sounds like fun to me.

Now a NOS 912. Interesting, munch some wine and cheese crowd cars for fun along with inifinityacuralexus whatevers. Same deal - buy used engines and trannies for $1000 a pop. If ya burn 'em up who cares? Start a pile in the back yard... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Have fun,
Kevin
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 23 2003, 07:26 PM
Post #24

Professional Lawn Dart

nos is cheap when it comes to racing! not legal and it will break the bank for a good sytem.....1000 dollars a pop? if only the rest of us could afford that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 23 2003, 08:05 PM
Post #25

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

so break a used $1000 motor on fri night. spend a grand on a new used motor. the rest of the week swaping out, buy cv gaskets by the lot, break your tranny the next fri. repeat, repeat, repeat. this equals ALL new rubber, a dandy paint job, and aleast a week in kehei maui to me the first month or so. just different paths. people in wa are going to prison, not the county jail, for street racing related offenses.

kevin
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 23 2003, 08:31 PM
Post #26

Professional Lawn Dart

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon13.gif) i heard something down here in CA, you get caught racing, you lose! not only the race, your license, but now they take your car and sell it! one of my ricer buddies told me this
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post May 23 2003, 08:39 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 71

Perhaps I came across a little radical, but, oh well. When you look at what it would cost (time and money) to build a sano TIV with 170-200 HP that isn't a grenade blowing up an occasional $1000 (realistically less than that - you could use old bus motors - whatever) used motor/tranny seems pretty cheap to me. I think you'd get over it after 2 or 3 weekends pulling motors and piling them in the backyard anyway. Learning how to use "the bottle" so it didn't roast the drivetrain would become pretty important.

Yeah, that street racing issue is interesting. I don't know about prison for racing. There's nothing new about it. I think it's just a population density problem - bystanders getting squashed and the like is unsavory. We did it out in "the country" (which is now a strip mall) 25 years ago. Dangerous for participants and roadside trees... A different time for sure :sweet:

Have fun,
Kevin
+Quote Post
East coaster
post May 23 2003, 08:59 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 487
Region Association: None

NOS, Hmmmmmmm......Is that for the driver?? How do you see past the balloon to drive??
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 24 2003, 12:23 AM
Post #29

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Ha ha east coaster.. best response yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Nitrous along with everything else can be made to work safely/properly. Ghia John above posted he ran it on a 1776 V-dub engine for years.

B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 09:55 PM