Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Germanicus 914 CanAm Prototypifilium, Ancestors to 914 Limited Edition cars?
JeffBowlsby
post Dec 10 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I have just now come to find out that there were several special 914s in display on the Karmann stand at the 1973 IAA show in Frankfurt that I have never seen before. My 914 LE website documents Ludwigsens EWE account of what is described as a Bumblebee at the Paris IAA 1973 show, but the following cars are different. I just received this original photo of the 914 cars in Frankfurt…look how cool they are for all you 914 history buffs…

The red car also appears in the Ludwigsen book as having been displayed at the Paris IAA 1973 show.

The USA car also appears in monochrome in the Das Grosse VWP Buch.

The remaining cars seem to be for France, Germany and Britain.

These display cars seem to have been made up in graphic themes depicting the major 914 markets…that’s all I can surmise. Note that they all appear to be euro-equipped 914s, and some have engine grille lettering and some have graphics even on their rear trunk lids…All USA 1974 914s (except the LE cars), came with targa bar vinyl as displayed here FWIW.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:28 PM