Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> new top end, intermittently runs poor, Does I need dizzy bearings?
TheCabinetmaker
post Dec 11 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #21

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

All the same thing? Who the hell told ya that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/alfred.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post Dec 11 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #22

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

My idea of humor, could not remember which the car has... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Sorry, my humor often does not always translate right to text. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
DJsRepS
post Dec 12 2004, 04:48 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,060

It almost has to be a Djet the Ljet has a big ugly box before the ugly airfilter, the air flow sensor. Also my stock 1972 1.7 has Djet. I doupt it was an factory option, lets see Ljet or Djet ??? Take the cap off lay it to the side, pull the green point's wire off the coil, 10mm wrench loosen timing clamp, pop off adv vac hoses, and trigger pts wire, spin dist all d way left, 13mm nut on block remove, pull the dist then trigger points then advance plate clean clean clean then lube then ohm with meter. Mine had rust stains on dist cam lobes and one of the trigger points had gummy feeling movment had to lube the piviot. The dist can only go back one way offset slot. But you will need a timing light. Always set your points/dwell before the timing light. Do the points up grade apx $80. Im doing mine asap$$$ as my timing mark jumps around setting tring to set the timing.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:05 PM