Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> engine relay panel delete for carb engine
shuie
post Sep 9 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,075

I'm in the process of finishing up my '71. My engine is a 2258 w/carbs. No fuel injection, no heater system, no rear window defroster. My original relay panel was pretty trashed so I decided to delete it and use a 14 pin male connector to make an engine wiring harness.

I have the 12V to starter, oil temp sensor, oil pressure switch, switched +12V to the coil, and the tach sensor from the coil mapped to the appropriate pins on the chassis harness. There is no hole for a CHT in my engine tin. I still need to hook up a reverse light switch to the chassis harness.

The new low pressure fuel pump has been moved to the front of the car. I am going to wire in a fuel pump relay kit with a shutoff switch there.

I didn't think to ask the engine builder for an internally regulated alternator so I need to keep the external voltage regulator for now. I'll change that later. Right now I have the stock alternator harness plugged straight into the stock VR. I think I see from the diagrams that I need to jump the D+ on the VR over to the pin with the blue wire on the chassis wiring harness so the generator lamp on the combo gauge will work. Is this correct?

Am I missing anything else?

TIA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kirmizi
post Sep 9 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,568
Region Association: None

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=216879 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:06 PM