Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine relay panel delete for carb engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
I'm in the process of finishing up my '71. My engine is a 2258 w/carbs. No fuel injection, no heater system, no rear window defroster. My original relay panel was pretty trashed so I decided to delete it and use a 14 pin male connector to make an engine wiring harness.

I have the 12V to starter, oil temp sensor, oil pressure switch, switched +12V to the coil, and the tach sensor from the coil mapped to the appropriate pins on the chassis harness. There is no hole for a CHT in my engine tin. I still need to hook up a reverse light switch to the chassis harness.

The new low pressure fuel pump has been moved to the front of the car. I am going to wire in a fuel pump relay kit with a shutoff switch there.

I didn't think to ask the engine builder for an internally regulated alternator so I need to keep the external voltage regulator for now. I'll change that later. Right now I have the stock alternator harness plugged straight into the stock VR. I think I see from the diagrams that I need to jump the D+ on the VR over to the pin with the blue wire on the chassis wiring harness so the generator lamp on the combo gauge will work. Is this correct?

Am I missing anything else?

TIA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.