Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mini-wink, Headlights/motors need adjustment
Carlitos Way
post Dec 13 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #1

I did it MY WAY

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

I was trying to adjust my headlights. It seems my left one is a little tired, and won't come out as high as the right one. It sits about an inch lower when the headlights are off, and it remains one inch lower throughout.

I tried to play with the slotted bolt on the side, but I couldn't make a difference.

Anyone here who really understands these things?

Carlos
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
John
post Dec 14 2004, 01:44 AM
Post #2

member? what's a member?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,615
Region Association: None

The linkage is mis-adjusted. There is/was a rubber cover that covers the linkage arms that raise/lower the headlights.

Remove the plastic headlight linkage covers (not the one around the headlight, but the one just ahead of the motor.

Remove the rubber cover. There should be a round plate that holds the rubber cover attached to the motor. Inside this cover, there is a hex nut that holds a short linkage arm to the headlight motor shaft. The motor output shaft has some knurling on it that should lock the short arm to the shaft when the nut is tightened.

Loosen the nut and move the headlight to the correct position and tighten the nut.

Good luck
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 04:29 AM