Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini-wink
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I was trying to adjust my headlights. It seems my left one is a little tired, and won't come out as high as the right one. It sits about an inch lower when the headlights are off, and it remains one inch lower throughout.

I tried to play with the slotted bolt on the side, but I couldn't make a difference.

Anyone here who really understands these things?

Carlos
John
The linkage is mis-adjusted. There is/was a rubber cover that covers the linkage arms that raise/lower the headlights.

Remove the plastic headlight linkage covers (not the one around the headlight, but the one just ahead of the motor.

Remove the rubber cover. There should be a round plate that holds the rubber cover attached to the motor. Inside this cover, there is a hex nut that holds a short linkage arm to the headlight motor shaft. The motor output shaft has some knurling on it that should lock the short arm to the shaft when the nut is tightened.

Loosen the nut and move the headlight to the correct position and tighten the nut.

Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.