Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hagerty Insurance, Any comments regarding this insurance?
Maltese Falcon
post Sep 20 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

Haggerty will also allow your licensed son or daughter to drive your classic , below age 25.
JC Taylor insurance is minimum 25 years old. JC also allows you to have an established automotive business establish a total cash value for your car, and they will insure your classic based on this appraisal. AAA insurance also offers an antique policy, underwritten by another affiliate of AAA. Each classic auto insurer has slightly different bells + whistles, so shop accordingly.
Marty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Oct 12 2013, 06:54 AM
Post #22

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

I just completed my Hagerty application and got coverage for agreed value of $15K My other limits are the same as I had before.

The Hagerty web page has good information on what they cover and the conditions required. Then they have a " Get A Quote" button and you will get an idea of the cost. If you continue on, there is an online application; you will need to upload a picture of your car and upload a copy of your declarations for your daily driver. They want to make sure you have another insured vehicle for nonpleasure ( work ) driving. I had my current insurance email me a PDF copy of my DEC page and I uploaded it with my application and photo.
The next day I got a call from a Hagerty rep and he finished up the application, had a couple of questions, and then told me the yearly cost. Turned out it was less than the original on-line quote. Yeaa. I'm in for $160/year, was paying a little over 2x that amount with no guarenteed coverage.

My experience was top notch, I highly recommend looking in to Hagerty for a quote. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Here's a link: http://www.hagerty.com/apps/QuoteMyClassic...ion/StateRegion
+Quote Post
somd914
post Oct 12 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 20 2013, 01:12 PM) *

Haggerty will also allow your licensed son or daughter to drive your classic , below age 25.
JC Taylor insurance is minimum 25 years old.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) This was a major factor for me since my sons want to drive the old teener. All the other classic insurance companies I checked into would not allow drivers with less than typically 5-8 years of experience.

Most of the non-classic policies I looked at did not cover comprehensive or did so at a great expense. For me comprehensive is necessary living in the sticks surrounded by deer - even in our neighborhood we have deer strikes.

No claims with them (hope to stay that way) but an excellent reputation.
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Oct 12 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

Good morning Sir Jim!
Your right same thing with me on how the transaction flow was processed. I also got the $15k guaranteed coverage just a week after I started this thread.
I also indicated 2k miles per year but how they will know if they didn't even ask me the actual mileage of car. Maybe they knew classic cars usually or mostly thus not have accurate odometer anymore.

God bless!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Oct 12 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #25

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

good 0le Washington sate has screwed me with Hagerty, I have had them for 7 years, and got canceled after ..zero incidents,
Wa sate requires every licensed driver with your address to be covered, no exceptions...2 sons with a few tickets = done,
I had initially stated the one son would never drive any Porsche.
All was good until the new law...this varies state to state..
most allow exclusions.
Hagerty worked hard for me but not possible with their current records.. funny thing is my son was a victim of being hit by an uninsured motorist and that still was counted against us.
I would like the law to have classic car insurance to be allowed to use exclusions..

I have another insurance plan for daily driver cars.

Good Company great rates....crappy state laws.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 11:49 AM