Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hagerty Insurance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
Hi,

I tried filling up a form with Hagerty Insurance for my 1975 1.8L FI and they gave me a guaranteed insurance of $15,000 for a yearly insurance payment of $198.

Liability $100,000/$300,000 $ 27.00
Liability - PD $100,000 (per accident) 6.00
Medical Payments $1,000 (per person per accident) 6.00
Uninsured Motorist $100,000 / $300,000 (Per Person/Per accident) 10.00
Limited Earthquake coverage $100,000 (guaranteed value) 10.00

Vehicle #1
Vehicle information 1975 Porsche 914 1.8 - guaranteed value $15,000
Other than collision $0 deductible 55.00
Collision $0 deductible 54.00

What do you think members?

Currently, I'm using AAA for a multiple car insurance and I pay $175 per year without comprehensive for my 914.

Thank you and God Bless!
hot_shoe914
I have Hagerty on all 4 of my 914s and they give me an excellent rate and great coverage. I actually contacted them today about my busted windshield I received at RRC. They are covering the entire replacement cost with no out of pocket money from me and it was the easiest claim I have ever filed. Also guaranteed me no increase in my rates.

Shoe first.gif
drgchapman
Is there a mileage limit per year?
KELTY360
I've covered old cars with Hagerty since 1989. Great service, very responsive. All companies could should learn how to take care of customers from them.
TravisNeff
There is no mileage limitation on my hagerty policy
Big Len
I have exactly the same coverage on my '74. Very good customer service.
ndfrigi
Thank you 914 members for all the replies! I will transfer my 914 insurance from AAA to Hagerty.

God Bless!

surfbus66
Agreed! Hagerty is the way to go. A friend of mine had his classic mopar on his regular auto policy. He was hit by a non-insured driver. Damaged the rear quarter panel. He tried to collect through his insurance. Because his car was a 1965 they automatically wanted to total it and would only give him two thousand. He could buy the car back from them, but it would have a salvage title. He ended up not claiming it an eating the cost of repairs. Lesson learned, He now has Hagerty.
jim_hoyland
Interesting...what are the cons ? Is there something not covered that AAA might cover ?
913B
Was this for classic car insurance or regular insurance ?

Back when I inquired they had me take a picture of where the car was parked in my garage. They didn't like my overstuff garage full of boxes on the side. I suppose they were afraid they would fall on the car or something blink.gif
DRPHIL914
I was paying $900/ year with Progressive , they would only insure for $5k , but I switched to Haggarty's 3 years ago and pay $198, covered for 12,500. Only downside is I can't commute with it but there is no milage limit, just has to be for pleasure, even if I drive up to the dragon I am covered
JRust
Love Hagerty! Never had to file a claim thankfully. There coverage is inexpensive overall & it is excellent coverage. You can't be driving it to work. Just pleasure as stated
76-914
agree.gif Me too! I have 3 with them. Happy but then I've never had to file.
drive-ability
I had a total loss, they treated me great and paid our agreed value without any funny business. beerchug.gif Will be using them again with my next car !!!
ben*james
QUOTE(drgchapman @ Sep 16 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Is there a mileage limit per year?

poke.gif you'll want to remove daily driver from your signature line sunglasses.gif

jeffdon
Love Haggerty. Never had to file a claim, but what customer service I have dealt with has been top notch.
Eric_Shea
New roof on my car hauler. Thanks Hagerty.
Steve Snyder
I have my '74 insured with Hagerty for $45K @ $300/yr. There is no mileage limit, but I cannot commute with it (not an issue, as I work from home). I had to send them a bunch of pictures to get the agreed amount of coverage, but surprisingly did not have to provide receipts or other proof of value. I've (thankfully) never filed a claim, but it seems like a pretty good deal to me.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 16 2013, 03:54 PM) *

Hi,

I tried filling up a form with Hagerty Insurance for my 1975 1.8L FI and they gave me a guaranteed insurance of $15,000 for a yearly insurance payment of $198.

Liability $100,000/$300,000 $ 27.00
Liability - PD $100,000 (per accident) 6.00
Medical Payments $1,000 (per person per accident) 6.00
Uninsured Motorist $100,000 / $300,000 (Per Person/Per accident) 10.00
Limited Earthquake coverage $100,000 (guaranteed value) 10.00

Vehicle #1
Vehicle information 1975 Porsche 914 1.8 - guaranteed value $15,000
Other than collision $0 deductible 55.00
Collision $0 deductible 54.00

What do you think members?

Currently, I'm using AAA for a multiple car insurance and I pay $175 per year without comprehensive for my 914.

Thank you and God Bless!

Noel,

I just got an on-line quote for my '75-same as yours. I'm curious as to what amount of yearly milage you provided them. Reason I ask is my quote was lower but I only stated 2,000 miles per year.

Jim
NORD
Hagerty will not allow any AX or track activity, you will be turned down if you say this.
They also like it when you keep your mileage below 2,000 miles a year and you must park in a garage that locks. They want pictures so they know what shape the car is in for agreed value. I had to send in a copy of my DD insurance as well. They only match limits that you have on your DD car insurance. I've been with Hagerty for twelve years, and never a claim. Hagerty also brokers your Policy out to other company's.

Good luck shopping and careful what you say.
Maltese Falcon
Haggerty will also allow your licensed son or daughter to drive your classic , below age 25.
JC Taylor insurance is minimum 25 years old. JC also allows you to have an established automotive business establish a total cash value for your car, and they will insure your classic based on this appraisal. AAA insurance also offers an antique policy, underwritten by another affiliate of AAA. Each classic auto insurer has slightly different bells + whistles, so shop accordingly.
Marty
jim_hoyland
I just completed my Hagerty application and got coverage for agreed value of $15K My other limits are the same as I had before.

The Hagerty web page has good information on what they cover and the conditions required. Then they have a " Get A Quote" button and you will get an idea of the cost. If you continue on, there is an online application; you will need to upload a picture of your car and upload a copy of your declarations for your daily driver. They want to make sure you have another insured vehicle for nonpleasure ( work ) driving. I had my current insurance email me a PDF copy of my DEC page and I uploaded it with my application and photo.
The next day I got a call from a Hagerty rep and he finished up the application, had a couple of questions, and then told me the yearly cost. Turned out it was less than the original on-line quote. Yeaa. I'm in for $160/year, was paying a little over 2x that amount with no guarenteed coverage.

My experience was top notch, I highly recommend looking in to Hagerty for a quote. smile.gif

Here's a link: http://www.hagerty.com/apps/QuoteMyClassic...ion/StateRegion
somd914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 20 2013, 01:12 PM) *

Haggerty will also allow your licensed son or daughter to drive your classic , below age 25.
JC Taylor insurance is minimum 25 years old.

agree.gif This was a major factor for me since my sons want to drive the old teener. All the other classic insurance companies I checked into would not allow drivers with less than typically 5-8 years of experience.

Most of the non-classic policies I looked at did not cover comprehensive or did so at a great expense. For me comprehensive is necessary living in the sticks surrounded by deer - even in our neighborhood we have deer strikes.

No claims with them (hope to stay that way) but an excellent reputation.
ndfrigi
Good morning Sir Jim!
Your right same thing with me on how the transaction flow was processed. I also got the $15k guaranteed coverage just a week after I started this thread.
I also indicated 2k miles per year but how they will know if they didn't even ask me the actual mileage of car. Maybe they knew classic cars usually or mostly thus not have accurate odometer anymore.

God bless!
sixnotfour
good 0le Washington sate has screwed me with Hagerty, I have had them for 7 years, and got canceled after ..zero incidents,
Wa sate requires every licensed driver with your address to be covered, no exceptions...2 sons with a few tickets = done,
I had initially stated the one son would never drive any Porsche.
All was good until the new law...this varies state to state..
most allow exclusions.
Hagerty worked hard for me but not possible with their current records.. funny thing is my son was a victim of being hit by an uninsured motorist and that still was counted against us.
I would like the law to have classic car insurance to be allowed to use exclusions..

I have another insurance plan for daily driver cars.

Good Company great rates....crappy state laws.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.