Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> XP Users..., New updates are available.
Rusty
post Dec 14 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I'm not inviting a jihad on XP (or other operating systems)... just a heads up that new security updates are available for Windows XP users.

If you haven't run Windows Update in a while... I suggest you get the latest and greatest from Microsoft.

-Lawrence
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brando
post Dec 14 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #2

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

My bet is on:

They broke more than they fixed.
+Quote Post
sgomes
post Dec 15 2004, 10:37 AM
Post #3

Electric Member

Member No.: 2,029

{rant mode: on} I'd LOVE to download the latest patches or whatever but I've lost my F*&#%ING NETWORK CONNECTION at home and can't even talk to my router!!!! Sometimes I really F*&#%ING HATE MICROSLOTH!!!

"limited or no connetion" my ass! Five plus hours last night and no glory. I have absolutely no choice but to freaking re-install the whole f'ing thing!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

{rant mode: off}
+Quote Post
d7n7master
post Dec 15 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #4

Gary#

Member No.: 421

Great patch!!! Not. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) It corrupted my Norton Internet Security.
What a joke. Took me hours to reconfigure.
MicroSUCKZ.
+Quote Post
Howard
post Dec 15 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943
Region Association: None

QUOTE(sgomes @ Dec 15 2004, 08:37 AM)
{rant mode: on} I'd LOVE to download the latest patches or whatever but I've lost my F*&#%ING NETWORK CONNECTION at home and can't even talk to my router!!!! Sometimes I really F*&#%ING HATE MICROSLOTH!!!

"limited or no connetion" my ass! Five plus hours last night and no glory. I have absolutely no choice but to freaking re-install the whole f'ing thing!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

{rant mode: off}

Had same problem with 2nd PC at home. Issue there was AOL DSL vs Microsoft. AOL has a patch that fixes the patch that fixes the patch, etc. Turned out mine had double installed the network card so two paths to router. Kept timing out. Just deactivate one network connection if that's the case.

I win. I figured it out in three hours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Dec 15 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #6

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

I haven't installed the new patch yet, but if I call my IP the first message you get is "If you installed the new patches from Microsoft and you have lost your internet connection call Microsoft at ***-***-****" I guess they are fed up fixing Bill's mistake. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Dec 15 2004, 03:15 PM
Post #7

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Real simple.. if you don't like our products... WHY ARE YOU STILL USING THEM????

We are not the only software vendor out there.

You bitch when we are unsecure.. then you bitch when we tighten up security and it breaks your favorite application. We (Microsoft) are in a no win situation. Basically, we are answering the old "do these pants make my ass look fat" question whenever we do anything.

Remember, software, no matter WHO writes it, is written by people. And people make mistakes. With millions of lines of code in Windows, do you really expect it to be perfect, much less work with EVERYBODY elses applications flawlessly? If you do, then you have unrealistic expectations of your computer.

Now.... back to the discussion of 914s.
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Dec 15 2004, 03:21 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,169
Region Association: None

Because I am too lazy to try and learn new operating system and Microshaft runs a bunch of programs that won't run on a Mac.
+Quote Post
Carlitos Way
post Dec 15 2004, 03:24 PM
Post #9

I did it MY WAY

Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

No problems with SP2 here... but my third (production) machine is undergoing the process today. let's hope it doesn't blow up.
+Quote Post
Scott Carlberg
post Dec 15 2004, 04:50 PM
Post #10

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

Member No.: 580

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 15 2004, 02:15 PM)
Real simple.. if you don't like our products... WHY ARE YOU STILL USING THEM????

We are not the only software vendor out there.

You bitch when we are unsecure.. then you bitch when we tighten up security and it breaks your favorite application. We (Microsoft) are in a no win situation. Basically, we are answering the old "do these pants make my ass look fat" question whenever we do anything.

Remember, software, no matter WHO writes it, is written by people. And people make mistakes. With millions of lines of code in Windows, do you really expect it to be perfect, much less work with EVERYBODY elses applications flawlessly? If you do, then you have unrealistic expectations of your computer.

Now.... back to the discussion of 914s.

Mr Gates???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

btw: GREAT avatar! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 08:41 PM