Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: XP Users...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I'm not inviting a jihad on XP (or other operating systems)... just a heads up that new security updates are available for Windows XP users.

If you haven't run Windows Update in a while... I suggest you get the latest and greatest from Microsoft.

-Lawrence
Brando
My bet is on:

They broke more than they fixed.
sgomes
{rant mode: on} I'd LOVE to download the latest patches or whatever but I've lost my F*&#%ING NETWORK CONNECTION at home and can't even talk to my router!!!! Sometimes I really F*&#%ING HATE MICROSLOTH!!!

"limited or no connetion" my ass! Five plus hours last night and no glory. I have absolutely no choice but to freaking re-install the whole f'ing thing!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!! headbang.gif chair.gif bootyshake.gif

{rant mode: off}
d7n7master
Great patch!!! Not. wacko.gif It corrupted my Norton Internet Security.
What a joke. Took me hours to reconfigure.
MicroSUCKZ.
Howard
QUOTE(sgomes @ Dec 15 2004, 08:37 AM)
{rant mode: on} I'd LOVE to download the latest patches or whatever but I've lost my F*&#%ING NETWORK CONNECTION at home and can't even talk to my router!!!! Sometimes I really F*&#%ING HATE MICROSLOTH!!!

"limited or no connetion" my ass! Five plus hours last night and no glory. I have absolutely no choice but to freaking re-install the whole f'ing thing!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!! headbang.gif chair.gif bootyshake.gif

{rant mode: off}

Had same problem with 2nd PC at home. Issue there was AOL DSL vs Microsoft. AOL has a patch that fixes the patch that fixes the patch, etc. Turned out mine had double installed the network card so two paths to router. Kept timing out. Just deactivate one network connection if that's the case.

I win. I figured it out in three hours icon8.gif
GWN7
I haven't installed the new patch yet, but if I call my IP the first message you get is "If you installed the new patches from Microsoft and you have lost your internet connection call Microsoft at ***-***-****" I guess they are fed up fixing Bill's mistake. biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
Real simple.. if you don't like our products... WHY ARE YOU STILL USING THEM????

We are not the only software vendor out there.

You bitch when we are unsecure.. then you bitch when we tighten up security and it breaks your favorite application. We (Microsoft) are in a no win situation. Basically, we are answering the old "do these pants make my ass look fat" question whenever we do anything.

Remember, software, no matter WHO writes it, is written by people. And people make mistakes. With millions of lines of code in Windows, do you really expect it to be perfect, much less work with EVERYBODY elses applications flawlessly? If you do, then you have unrealistic expectations of your computer.

Now.... back to the discussion of 914s.
Brett W
Because I am too lazy to try and learn new operating system and Microshaft runs a bunch of programs that won't run on a Mac.
Carlitos Way
No problems with SP2 here... but my third (production) machine is undergoing the process today. let's hope it doesn't blow up.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 15 2004, 02:15 PM)
Real simple.. if you don't like our products... WHY ARE YOU STILL USING THEM????

We are not the only software vendor out there.

You bitch when we are unsecure.. then you bitch when we tighten up security and it breaks your favorite application. We (Microsoft) are in a no win situation. Basically, we are answering the old "do these pants make my ass look fat" question whenever we do anything.

Remember, software, no matter WHO writes it, is written by people. And people make mistakes. With millions of lines of code in Windows, do you really expect it to be perfect, much less work with EVERYBODY elses applications flawlessly? If you do, then you have unrealistic expectations of your computer.

Now.... back to the discussion of 914s.

Mr Gates???? biggrin.gif laugh.gif clap56.gif lol2.gif

btw: GREAT avatar! pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.