Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Unwanted surprise today
drew365
post Dec 30 2002, 07:32 PM
Post #1

These are the good old days!

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

We are trying to finish up work on my car so it will be ready for a track date this Sunday. We completely rebuilt the rear suspension including reinforcing the console ears which meant the engine had to come out which meant we discovered a few items to fix on it and the trans while it was out. But now the rear suspension is all finished, the engine and trans are back in the car and we started on the front suspension. I got new bushings, Koni Sport inserts and 22mm torsion bars. We then discovered someone in the past put a 914-4 A-arm on the right side and I had one 911 torsion bar and one 914-4 torsion bar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) So I had to frantically find a used right side A-arm and end cap. Lucked out and found one and I think I'll be seeing the track after all. It totally baffles me why someone would do that to an original 6. I hope I don't have any more surprises like that.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:18 AM