Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Out with the old and in with the Roo, Out with the 4 and in with the 6!
DBCooper
post Oct 6 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #141

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

I have two 914/WRX's with Subaru transmissions, one done a long time ago, one last year. We used a Tilton pedal set in mine rather than sort out our own solution. For my son's car, done last year, we used 76-914's Honda master plate, like you've done. It works extremely well, better than the Tilton pedals. So... good choice and well done, I'm pretty sure you're gonna like it a lot.

Great project, by the way.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 7 2015, 07:29 AM
Post #142

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Oct 6 2015, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 5 2015, 08:35 AM) *

3/16" will cure that. Mine is 1/8" and flexes but I want to see how it holds up. I've got a 3/16" plate to throw in if it ever fails. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) What, your not tossing your hat in the ring with the rest in the "Build-off thread". It's not too late. Some of those projects are a few years old. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
Guess what? When your finished you will have a new daily driver. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I did think about going with a thicker plate but I had the 1\8" steel strap. I am not sure how well it will work yet. I haven't had a chance to try it out.

I do wish I had entered my car in the build off because I have spent a ton of cash with mark @914rubber. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) It would be nice to have a chance to win that back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I plan on driving my car in a few weeks. I hope that I took enough time and did things right so it will be a good daily driver.

You'll most likely have some "teething pains" but easy enough stuff to work thru. I haven't driven mine in 6 weeks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
914forme
post Oct 7 2015, 08:23 AM
Post #143

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Oct 6 2015, 08:53 PM) *

I do wish I had entered my car in the build off because I have spent a ton of cash with mark @914rubber. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) It would be nice to have a chance to win that back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I really like the pedal stop, and the cylinder re-enforcement you did nice work.

And Mark made sure us guys that bought a ton of parts before the Challenge was conceived would not be able to reap the harvest. As it only counts for the items purchased with in the challenge. Or else I would have a few parts myself I could gain the coin back from.

Keep up the great work, enjoying the thread.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 7 2015, 11:15 AM
Post #144

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Your setup will be sweet. Only issue I have with my stinger is starting. There isn't a cold start setup. So for modern FI it doesn't feel so modern that way. Just reaching in & turning the key for instant startup. That doesn't happen for me. I am having it looked at tomorrow to see about options there. Get a fair amount of popping starting mine cold. Once up & going all is fine. Looking forward to the first drive video (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . So quit screwing around already & finish (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Oct 7 2015, 03:58 PM
Post #145

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

besides my PM to you a minute ago. i see you have installed stainless fuel lines.
who did you buy them from?
what size? 9.5mm and 8mm.
did you need to use any reducers between them and the fuel lines on the car?
thanks
jim
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Oct 7 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #146

Member No.: 16,371
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I purchased my SS lines from Chris @Tangerine Racing. He is a great guy. I am not sure of the size, it was whatever Chris suggested for a stock type 4 . I still had my stock 2.0l in my car when I installed them. Chris did sell me a reducer for one of the lines. Give him a call and he will hook you up.
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Oct 7 2015, 07:22 PM
Post #147

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 7 2015, 11:15 AM) *

Your setup will be sweet. Only issue I have with my stinger is starting. There isn't a cold start setup. So for modern FI it doesn't feel so modern that way. Just reaching in & turning the key for instant startup. That doesn't happen for me. I am having it looked at tomorrow to see about options there. Get a fair amount of popping starting mine cold. Once up & going all is fine. Looking forward to the first drive video (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . So quit screwing around already & finish (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Please keep me in the loop! I would like to know what you find out. I hope to get back to it this weekend.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Oct 7 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #148

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Oct 7 2015, 08:19 PM) *

I purchased my SS lines from Chris @Tangerine Racing. He is a great guy. I am not sure of the size, it was whatever Chris suggested for a stock type 4 . I still had my stock 2.0l in my car when I installed them. Chris did sell me a reducer for one of the lines. Give him a call and he will hook you up.

Not sure if this applies to all of them, but the Subaru engines I looked at were 8mm for both supply and return. This is the stock 914 size for later cars (75-76) and CFR makes it in stainless. The EG33 is 8mm for both.
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Oct 7 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #149

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Oct 7 2015, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Oct 7 2015, 08:19 PM) *

Not sure if this applies to all of them, but the Subaru engines I looked at were 8mm for both supply and return. This is the stock 914 size for later cars (75-76) and CFR makes it in stainless. The EG33 is 8mm for both.

Chris, where did you get your lines for your EG33?
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Oct 8 2015, 05:28 AM
Post #150

Tangerine Racing. I had them before I decided to do the conversion. Luckily they were the right size. 8mm supply and return, which is stock 75-76. It looks like some of the turbo Subarus need larger lines which he has as well.

SS Fuel Lines

For the soft lines I used Gates Barricade 5/16 fuel injection hose. You have to make sure it's rated for high pressure FI.

+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Oct 9 2015, 07:26 AM
Post #151

I purchased my rubber fuel injection line from tangerine as well. It is very high quality stuff. I didn't end up needing the engine compartment SS lines that I purchased when I installed my Subaru. I will try to post some pictures of the fuel system this weekend.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 9 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #152

914 Guru

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Oct 7 2015, 06:22 PM) *

Please keep me in the loop! I would like to know what you find out. I hope to get back to it this weekend.

I've got my busy at SubyTech looking into the starting issue. My oil leak turned out to just be the oil pressure sensor. Thought it was my cam seal as it was pooling right below. Turned out the sensor was just leaking so bad it ran down. Nice as it's a cheaper fix. Anyway he'll be talking to Outfront about the start issue. I'll let you know what I find out
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Oct 11 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #153

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 5 2015, 09:35 AM) *

3/16" will cure that. Mine is 1/8" and flexes but I want to see how it holds up. I've got a 3/16" plate to throw in if it ever fails. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) What, your not tossing your hat in the ring with the rest in the "Build-off thread". It's not too late. Some of those projects are a few years old. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
Guess what? When your finished you will have a new daily driver. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I finished the clutch bracket install. It works like a champ. I am getting zero flex or movement! The master cylinder is rock solid. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached Image

+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Oct 15 2015, 07:43 PM
Post #154

I made a little progress tonight. I got my axles put together and installed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) The next big project will the exhaust. I am thinking about fabricating it from the header back. I have been looking at mufflers and I am leaning toward the Flowmaster HP2. I would like the exhaust to be quite. Anyone have a recommendation other than the HP2?
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 15 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #155

914 Guru

For Exhaust mine goes below my cradle. Really hangs low & I will be changing it. So hope you can keep it as high as possible. My rear end I have sitting a little higher so I don't scrape. I'd like to get it changed so I can drop the rear a couple inches. Oh my starting issue was a cracked vacumn line couple with my accelerator cable. My cable needed a little adjustment. Wasn't quite seating all the way back. So sensor was dumping to much fuel. Back home & running sweet. When cold I still need to give it 2 pumps but the starts right up.

Your progress is great bud. You'll be driving any day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Oct 16 2015, 06:29 AM
Post #156

Jamie I am glad to hear that your starting issue was an easy fix! The header I have looks like it was designed for a turbo engine. The output flange/collector points up at about a 45 degree angle. I am assuming that it is for an up-pipe? I think it will work to get the exhaust up and over the axle. I am planning to route the exhaust as high as I can.
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Oct 16 2015, 06:30 AM
Post #157

Double post.
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Oct 18 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #158

It's ALIVE! Ross and I pulled my car out of the garage for the first time in over a year! I still have to get an exhaust system installed. We ran it with an open header. I think the neighbors enjoyed it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) It ran great! The hydraulic clutch is awesome. I am so glad I took the time to do it. Thanks Kent and Chris for all the help getting that system figured out.
https://youtu.be/uZQ2aDX2oPw
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Oct 18 2015, 12:48 PM
Post #159

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Nice work! It's all down hill from here.

Sounds like a MEAN Type 4 with no muffler on it.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Oct 18 2015, 03:08 PM
Post #160

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

Ha ha, yeah, woke up your neighbors, for sure. But on the plus side all the men in the neighborhood will be over to find out what the hell is going on and seeing if they can get a ride.

Now is the really fun part, doing something and then getting to drive it to see how it turned out.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:45 AM