Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Out with the old and in with the Roo, Out with the 4 and in with the 6!
JRust
post Nov 26 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #201

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Nov 26 2015, 08:17 AM) *

Whoa. Did it actually change when you lowered it? Was it higher than that before? I think your front struts have an issue. While they may still work. Looks to me like they are fully extending. Someone smarter than me will chime in I am sure. That isn't right & I did have one car that happened to me on. Swapping the front strut's took care of the problem. There may be an adjustment I didn't know about though
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Nov 26 2015, 11:40 AM
Post #202

Member No.: 16,371
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

It is funny how that works. I thought that the ej253 was going to be fast enough. It is a fun amount of power but I have been spending time looking at what it would take to turbo it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Suspension and brakes first for sure!

If anyone has a spare front swaybar that is just taking up space I would be happy to put it to good use. Let me know, maybe we could work something out.
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Nov 26 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #203

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 26 2015, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Nov 26 2015, 08:17 AM) *

Whoa. Did it actually change when you lowered it? Was it higher than that before? I think your front struts have an issue. While they may still work. Looks to me like they are fully extending. Someone smarter than me will chime in I am sure. That isn't right & I did have one car that happened to me on. Swapping the front strut's took care of the problem. There may be an adjustment I didn't know about though

I do believe that my shocks and struts are original. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) They are most certainly bad. The rear shocks are leaking. I hope to resolve that very soon.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Nov 27 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #204

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Nov 26 2015, 11:40 AM) *

It is funny how that works. I thought that the ej253 was going to be fast enough. It is a fun amount of power but I have been spending time looking at what it would take to turbo it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Welcome to the party (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Nov 28 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #205

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Nov 26 2015, 09:40 AM) *

It is funny how that works. I thought that the ej253 was going to be fast enough. It is a fun amount of power...

Just "fun"? That's all? You know that engine has more horsepower than most of the 911S 2.7 sixes? Be careful, those sound like the first symptoms of the "never enough power" syndrome.

+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 28 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #206

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Yep, be careful. HP is addictive. Makes Crack look like Cotton Candy. I've been wearing a Garlic necklace for the past few weeks but I don't think it's working. Audi w/ drivetrains as low as 1500; STI packages 4.5K; Epstein puts a 928 V8 in the classifieds just to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) with me; BigKat83 has a "R" series EZ for sale and lastly there is the LS series available everywhere for the "partially insane". So many temptations winking at us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
rnellums
post Nov 28 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #207

Professional Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,072

QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 28 2015, 06:02 PM) *

Yep, be careful. HP is addictive. Makes Crack look like Cotton Candy. I've been wearing a Garlic necklace for the past few weeks but I don't think it's working. Audi w/ drivetrains as low as 1500; STI packages 4.5K; Epstein puts a 928 V8 in the classifieds just to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) with me; BigKat83 has a "R" series EZ for sale and lastly there is the LS series available everywhere for the "partially insane". So many temptations winking at us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

I'm on starting a low boost turbo build on my spare engine this spring myself!
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Nov 28 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #208

Ross do I sense a turbo build off? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

DBCooper are you telling me that my current set-up is quicker than a 2.7 conversation? Well I guess I am glad I didn't spend the money to do that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Kent, I do like the 928. I have like that car since I was a young snot nosed kid. I think an LS conversation would be awesome!
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Nov 28 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #209

So many temptations winking at us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

I am not going to lie, I am not a strong man. I will be unable to resist the upgrade demon's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Nov 28 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #210

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

Excellent! That's EXACTLY the right answer!!

+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 28 2015, 11:09 PM
Post #211

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Nov 28 2015, 06:15 PM) *

So many temptations winking at us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

I am not going to lie, I am not a strong man. I will be unable to resist the upgrade demon's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Get your suspension done first bud. Let the engine upgrade's just be in your head for a while. With your stinger you can just add a lower boost turbo. I think you can do up to 8lbs of boost safely. You'll need a new map for the stinger but no biggie there. I plan to do something along those lines. Waiting until after xmas to see if I have any money for it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Nov 29 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #212

The suspension upgrade is in process. Garold was kind enough to sale the front swaybar assembly off of his parts car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I sent Eric Shea a PM asking for his opinion on struts, shocks and springs. On Black Friday, Discount Tire was running a sale . I picked up four new Goodyear eagle sport tires. We are well on our way to getting the suspension sorted out.

I found a great deal on Amazon over the weekend. I picked up a set of heated seat inserts.

http://www.amazon.com/Carbon-High-low-Swit...8T37R0JK7WX90YY

I am going to install them when reupholster my seats with the 914Rubber seat kit.

It feels a lot like Christmas right now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 29 2015, 11:07 AM
Post #213

Your going to love those seat heaters. I've got the same ones but paid $49 for mine and I thought that was a good deal! Take your seats out and watch a football game while you do it. Only takes about 35 min's per seat. I ran a dedicated 10ga wire for mine. It's in my build thread if you need it but you won't. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Nov 29 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #214

That is great to hear. They were pretty inexpensive and I wasn't sure about the quality. I will check your thread. I not sure how I missed it. I must have read your thread front to back at least 5 times.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 29 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #215

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Nov 29 2015, 09:11 AM) *

That is great to hear. They were pretty inexpensive and I wasn't sure about the quality. I will check your thread. I not sure how I missed it. I must have read your thread front to back at least 5 times.

It takes awhile to wade thru my Pontificated thread but I found it. Post #452.
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Nov 29 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #216

Thanks for finding the actual post number. I just to a look at it. It appears that you didn't need to cut them to make them fit.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 29 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #217

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Nov 29 2015, 12:58 PM) *

Thanks for finding the actual post number. I just to a look at it. It appears that you didn't need to cut them to make them fit.

Nope. No cutting req'd on mine. To quote the old timer Dizzy Dean, they just "slud in".
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Nov 29 2015, 08:01 PM
Post #218

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 28 2015, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Nov 28 2015, 06:15 PM) *

Get your suspension done first bud. Let the engine upgrade's just be in your head for a while. With your stinger you can just add a lower boost turbo. I think you can do up to 8lbs of boost safely. You'll need a new map for the stinger but no biggie there. I plan to do something along those lines. Waiting until after xmas to see if I have any money for it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I too have my eye on a T3/T4 hybrid turbo for my EG33- nothing drastic but enough to make the engine breathe alot better. It won't be for a bit but it's in the plans eventually. Even with light pressure it should clear 300 hp. Good enough for awhile... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
A&P Mech
post Nov 29 2015, 09:21 PM
Post #219

"Good enough for awhile" lol I totally understand!

I got some time to goof off in the garage today. I figured it was time to mount my Stinger ECU. Up until today it was just laying in the rear trunk. The reason it hasn't been permanently mounted is when I got my Stinger it didn't come with anyway to mount it. After a little time at the mill *presto* mounting bracket.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rnellums
post Nov 29 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #220

Professional Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,072

Looking super classic ray!
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:32 AM