Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: What are you giving your SO?, If you can share on the forum.
scruz914
post Dec 16 2004, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,724

So, what are you giving to your significant other this Holiday Season? I have not come up with anything yet and it is getting close to crunch time. I usually have several ideas that I have come up with over the year by now. I don't like getting a list of what my wife wants and go buy something off it. I like picking up on clues over the year but either I have not been paying attention or there have been a lack of clues. Last year was great. We both bought each other snowshoes. Totally unknown to each other.

Anyone giving something special or creative?

-Jeff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skline
post Dec 16 2004, 10:38 AM
Post #2

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I want to give mine a kick to the curb. Nevermind, you wouldnt understand.
+Quote Post
Mrs. K
post Dec 16 2004, 10:39 AM
Post #3

Grieve we must, but celebrate a great life!

Group: Birthday Fairy
Member No.: 2,166

QUOTE(skline @ Dec 16 2004, 08:38 AM)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Lisa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif)
+Quote Post
scruz914
post Dec 16 2004, 10:55 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(skline @ Dec 16 2004, 09:38 AM)

You might be surprised. We have all had our moments. Usually it is me that is headed for the curb. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Dec 16 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #5

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

A 73' 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Got it delivered the other night. Clutch doesn't work, looks like it as a 2.0 out of a bus in it? Not a GA case, but has 3 intake studs. That's a 2.0 right? But not a 914 2.0? Don't know, runs great. I will post pics in another forum soon on it. Now we have a his and hers 914's! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) This one needs saving. Rust is not bad. I will be pulling the motor soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post
bondo
post Dec 16 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #6

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

As far as I know, ony 914s came with 3 intake studs.. could still be a bus case, but that doesn't really matter. Sounds like a keeper!

As for my wife's x-mas gift, we bought a laptop that we can't really afford and called it our x-mas gift to ourselves... but I'm sure I'll get her something in addition... it'll have to be small though, I'd get in trouble if I spent alot because we're broke (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
skline
post Dec 16 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #7

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(bondo @ Dec 16 2004, 09:08 AM)
As far as I know, ony 914s came with 3 intake studs.. could still be a bus case, but that doesn't really matter. Sounds like a keeper!

As for my wife's x-mas gift, we bought a laptop that we can't really afford and called it our x-mas gift to ourselves... but I'm sure I'll get her something in addition... it'll have to be small though, I'd get in trouble if I spent alot because we're broke (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Join the crowd, I think this time of year hits everyone. I hate being broke.
+Quote Post
Mrs. K
post Dec 16 2004, 11:20 AM
Post #8

Grieve we must, but celebrate a great life!

Group: Birthday Fairy
Member No.: 2,166

Me too!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Lisa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post
scruz914
post Dec 16 2004, 11:25 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 16 2004, 10:02 AM)
A 73' 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Got it delivered the other night. Clutch doesn't work, looks like it as a 2.0 out of a bus in it? Not a GA case, but has 3 intake studs. That's a 2.0 right? But not a 914 2.0? Don't know, runs great. I will post pics in another forum soon on it. Now we have a his and hers 914's! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) This one needs saving. Rust is not bad. I will be pulling the motor soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

So your wife doesn't mind you with another project needing an engine pull and rust repair? How into 914s is she? That kind of gift to my wife would end up with me packing. Is there a pearl necklace hanging from the rear view mirror in that car?
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Dec 16 2004, 11:28 AM
Post #10

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

Dan, could be just a replacement case. Look at the oil dipstick location and that lower oil tube blank. If its a bus case the oil tube will be blocked off with a plate, if its still just a casting then its a replacement case.

Geoff
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Dec 16 2004, 11:29 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96
Region Association: None

Dremel tool kit
PS2 game
Sure Fire flashlight for his toys
some sneakers he's been eyeing

Plus we're getting eachother a little puppy next week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Jen

Oh, yes. I'm broke too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Oh well. Sort it out next year! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by Jenny: Dec 16 2004, 11:33 AM
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Dec 16 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #12

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

I would love to be able to tell everyone here what I got my wife for Christmas, but she lurks here (and she won't sign in so I can't catch her by the online users). If I told you, I would be telling her.

It is 914 related. After all, she is the one that got me started with 914s. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
scruz914
post Dec 16 2004, 11:32 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(bondo @ Dec 16 2004, 10:08 AM)

You could create a Power Point with a Christmas theme and photos of you together. Something romantic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) Put it on the laptop and have her "open" it Christmas morning. That and chocolate.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Dec 16 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #14

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 16 2004, 09:28 AM)
Dan, could be just a replacement case. Look at the oil dipstick location and that lower oil tube blank. If its a bus case the oil tube will be blocked off with a plate, if its still just a casting then its a replacement case.

Geoff

Ah, I will have to check that one out. I don't get much of a chance to work on the 4cyl's these days. Mostly 911's and 914-6's. Sort of lost touch with the little things about the T4 motors.

Nah, no pearl necklace needed. She has wanted a 944 or 914 for a while. I wonder if the 914 is the best choice for her though? Time will tell. This one needs a paint job. Someone set in a factory center counsole, complete. She didn't like it so I took it out. It is in just about perfect shape. That one might just find it's way into my 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

She has been out cleaning it, wiping things down. She has never driven one. Personally, I think she sees the time spent on them and this gets her involved. Hey, works for me! She rocks my world! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) Pic of mine before lowering the car.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
scruz914
post Dec 16 2004, 12:46 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 16 2004, 10:29 AM)
Dremel tool kit

Tools. Nice!

She has been out cleaning it, wiping things down. She has never driven one. Personally, I think she sees the time spent on them and this gets her involved. Hey, works for me! She rocks my world!

Lucky you!
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Dec 16 2004, 12:53 PM
Post #16

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

tahitan pearl jewelry

i think...

nice job with the dremel, jen -- that's an awesome gift.
+Quote Post
gopack
post Dec 16 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #17

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

Well, i bought my self some 5 lug 16" fuchs for my "someday to be a car" teener, so I told her not to get me anything... and she has been talking about going somewhere warm after christmas, so I booked her a cruise! ( I'm going too!). That and some thing little she can open and to put under the tree, AND maybe something tiny for her to wear that I (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) can unwrap!
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Dec 16 2004, 12:59 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96
Region Association: None

QUOTE(gopack @ Dec 16 2004, 10:55 AM)
AND maybe something tiny for her to wear that I (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) can unwrap!

Oh, yeah. I got one of those too. Forgot about that.

Jen
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Dec 16 2004, 01:13 PM
Post #19

neo life

Member No.: 159

I got Viola a sea pearl necklace AND earrings from the Phillipines. She's letting me buy another 914 and spend the time to build my Neo914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
I asked for a dremel but will settle for an evanesence CD/DVD...(she's building her esthetician business so her funds are tight)

Scott and Lisa,
I've been confused (about many things) but are you married and living in different locations? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Felix
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Dec 16 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #20

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

We bought a dinette set that was supose to be our Christmas gift to each other, however, last year I bought her a HP 5.0 Digital camera for Christmas, she doesn't like it, says it's to complicated. It takes great pictures though, anyway, she keeps on using her 35m camera and complains when she uses the HP, sooooo, I am thinking about getting her another camera, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I understand that the new Kodak digitals are suppose to be easier, point and shoot, and that they are using really good lenses. Any coments or experiences out there would be appriciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 09:47 AM