Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: What are you giving your SO?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scruz914
So, what are you giving to your significant other this Holiday Season? I have not come up with anything yet and it is getting close to crunch time. I usually have several ideas that I have come up with over the year by now. I don't like getting a list of what my wife wants and go buy something off it. I like picking up on clues over the year but either I have not been paying attention or there have been a lack of clues. Last year was great. We both bought each other snowshoes. Totally unknown to each other.

Anyone giving something special or creative?

-Jeff
skline
I want to give mine a kick to the curb. Nevermind, you wouldnt understand.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 16 2004, 08:38 AM)

wink.gif

Lisa lol3.gif
scruz914
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 16 2004, 09:38 AM)

You might be surprised. We have all had our moments. Usually it is me that is headed for the curb. sad.gif
Root_Werks
A 73' 914. biggrin.gif Got it delivered the other night. Clutch doesn't work, looks like it as a 2.0 out of a bus in it? Not a GA case, but has 3 intake studs. That's a 2.0 right? But not a 914 2.0? Don't know, runs great. I will post pics in another forum soon on it. Now we have a his and hers 914's! boldblue.gif This one needs saving. Rust is not bad. I will be pulling the motor soon. welder.gif
bondo
As far as I know, ony 914s came with 3 intake studs.. could still be a bus case, but that doesn't really matter. Sounds like a keeper!

As for my wife's x-mas gift, we bought a laptop that we can't really afford and called it our x-mas gift to ourselves... but I'm sure I'll get her something in addition... it'll have to be small though, I'd get in trouble if I spent alot because we're broke smile.gif
skline
QUOTE(bondo @ Dec 16 2004, 09:08 AM)
As far as I know, ony 914s came with 3 intake studs.. could still be a bus case, but that doesn't really matter. Sounds like a keeper!

As for my wife's x-mas gift, we bought a laptop that we can't really afford and called it our x-mas gift to ourselves... but I'm sure I'll get her something in addition... it'll have to be small though, I'd get in trouble if I spent alot because we're broke smile.gif

Join the crowd, I think this time of year hits everyone. I hate being broke.
Mrs. K
Me too!! sad.gif

Lisa huh.gif
scruz914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 16 2004, 10:02 AM)
A 73' 914. biggrin.gif Got it delivered the other night. Clutch doesn't work, looks like it as a 2.0 out of a bus in it? Not a GA case, but has 3 intake studs. That's a 2.0 right? But not a 914 2.0? Don't know, runs great. I will post pics in another forum soon on it. Now we have a his and hers 914's! boldblue.gif This one needs saving. Rust is not bad. I will be pulling the motor soon. welder.gif

So your wife doesn't mind you with another project needing an engine pull and rust repair? How into 914s is she? That kind of gift to my wife would end up with me packing. Is there a pearl necklace hanging from the rear view mirror in that car?
Bleyseng
Dan, could be just a replacement case. Look at the oil dipstick location and that lower oil tube blank. If its a bus case the oil tube will be blocked off with a plate, if its still just a casting then its a replacement case.

Geoff
Jenny
Dremel tool kit
PS2 game
Sure Fire flashlight for his toys
some sneakers he's been eyeing

Plus we're getting eachother a little puppy next week. wub.gif

Jen

Oh, yes. I'm broke too. sad.gif Oh well. Sort it out next year! biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
I would love to be able to tell everyone here what I got my wife for Christmas, but she lurks here (and she won't sign in so I can't catch her by the online users). If I told you, I would be telling her.

It is 914 related. After all, she is the one that got me started with 914s. wub.gif
scruz914
QUOTE(bondo @ Dec 16 2004, 10:08 AM)

You could create a Power Point with a Christmas theme and photos of you together. Something romantic. wub.gif Put it on the laptop and have her "open" it Christmas morning. That and chocolate.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 16 2004, 09:28 AM)
Dan, could be just a replacement case. Look at the oil dipstick location and that lower oil tube blank. If its a bus case the oil tube will be blocked off with a plate, if its still just a casting then its a replacement case.

Geoff

Ah, I will have to check that one out. I don't get much of a chance to work on the 4cyl's these days. Mostly 911's and 914-6's. Sort of lost touch with the little things about the T4 motors.

Nah, no pearl necklace needed. She has wanted a 944 or 914 for a while. I wonder if the 914 is the best choice for her though? Time will tell. This one needs a paint job. Someone set in a factory center counsole, complete. She didn't like it so I took it out. It is in just about perfect shape. That one might just find it's way into my 914. happy11.gif

She has been out cleaning it, wiping things down. She has never driven one. Personally, I think she sees the time spent on them and this gets her involved. Hey, works for me! She rocks my world! boldblue.gif Pic of mine before lowering the car.
scruz914
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 16 2004, 10:29 AM)
Dremel tool kit

Tools. Nice!

She has been out cleaning it, wiping things down. She has never driven one. Personally, I think she sees the time spent on them and this gets her involved. Hey, works for me! She rocks my world!

Lucky you!
nebreitling
tahitan pearl jewelry

i think...

nice job with the dremel, jen -- that's an awesome gift.
gopack
Well, i bought my self some 5 lug 16" fuchs for my "someday to be a car" teener, so I told her not to get me anything... and she has been talking about going somewhere warm after christmas, so I booked her a cruise! ( I'm going too!). That and some thing little she can open and to put under the tree, AND maybe something tiny for her to wear that I boldblue.gif can unwrap!
Jenny
QUOTE(gopack @ Dec 16 2004, 10:55 AM)
AND maybe something tiny for her to wear that I boldblue.gif can unwrap!

Oh, yeah. I got one of those too. Forgot about that.

Jen
neo914-6
I got Viola a sea pearl necklace AND earrings from the Phillipines. She's letting me buy another 914 and spend the time to build my Neo914 boldblue.gif
I asked for a dremel but will settle for an evanesence CD/DVD...(she's building her esthetician business so her funds are tight)

Scott and Lisa,
I've been confused (about many things) but are you married and living in different locations? confused24.gif

Felix
Lou W
We bought a dinette set that was supose to be our Christmas gift to each other, however, last year I bought her a HP 5.0 Digital camera for Christmas, she doesn't like it, says it's to complicated. It takes great pictures though, anyway, she keeps on using her 35m camera and complains when she uses the HP, sooooo, I am thinking about getting her another camera, sad.gif I understand that the new Kodak digitals are suppose to be easier, point and shoot, and that they are using really good lenses. Any coments or experiences out there would be appriciated. smile.gif
nocones
Well mine left me three weeks ago. sad2.gif confused24.gif
She's still getting her gifts though. A beautiful tulip skirt and a lacy Victorias Secret robe thingy. Oh yeah, and a vibrating foot bath massager thing since she won't have me to rub her feet anymore. (personal dig happy11.gif )

I'm getting myself a home theater. biggrin.gif

Michael
nebreitling
i've got a kodak easy share dx6440 w/ the base station thingy.

okay camera, really easy to use.
Mark Henry
We're a Christmas marketing guru's nightmare, because we would much rather put any extra cash we have towards the house. We celebrate the event, not the hype.

Last year I bought the wife a new fry pan...she'll get the same this year. I think I'm getting a toaster this year.
For our 15th anniversary this year we got a new toilet, so I guess that makes it the porcelain anniversary. laugh.gif

We'll buy the kids a few toys and clothes. They will more than enough toys from the grandparents.

The big present to ourselves was the 5k we paid on the mortgage principal and the new garage we built this year.
Jenny
I'm getting to the point where I just don't have room for more shit. This is really hard for me to admit, being a pack rat et all. I have a fondness for cute stuffed animals, which is great for my SO. Easy to buy gifts. 3 years ago I told him they're great, but no thanks. I have no where to put them. Unless of course he wants to give up his half of the bed. I'm starting to wonder how we collect shit year after year and have room for it all. wacko.gif

Jen
Lou W
nebreitling Posted on Dec 16 2004, 11:26 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i've got a kodak easy share dx6440 w/ the base station thingy.

okay camera, really easy to use.  
Yea, that's one of the ones I'm looking at. Good quality pictures? easy to use? just point and shoot? The HP that we currently have, you need to set it up for close-up, distance, or motion,, display or view finder,, red eye or no red eye,, flash or no flash. too many options for her. wacko.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
Tiffany necklace
Fendi bag
Calphalon knife set
Cashmere sweater
Tennis gear
A set of old leatherbound classic books

I'm hoping to get a G-Timer from Santa. Then I can do my own Boxster vs. 914 comparos smilie_pokal.gif
914werke
QUOTE(scruz914 @ Dec 16 2004, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 16 2004, 09:38 AM)

You might be surprised. We have all had our moments. Usually it is me that is headed for the curb. sad.gif

huh.gif I was gonna say a divorce!
Howard
Anything she wants. It's just easier that way biggrin.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 16 2004, 02:15 PM)
Anything she wants. It's just easier that way biggrin.gif

Howard, I like how you operate!
The Mrs. is a lucky woman! biggrin.gif

Lisa rolleyes.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Sending the little lady to a day spa to get pampered. She's gonna be treated like royalty. She'll get the full treatment. She'll get her valves adjusted, plugs and points replaced, and retimed. She''ll get oiled & filtered, bathed & waxed, and her wheels polished. Then I'll tell her how much she means to me and take her for a long, spirited drive down a curvy country road.
StratPlayer
Since my wife doesn't lurk here I can spill the beans,,, I got her a black pearl necklace, black pearl earings, and a yellow diamond ring. A man can't go wrong giving a woman jewlery.
markb
We're strapped for cash at the moment, but are doing a re-fi on the house, so we should have some spending money soon. Marcie knows to expect some kind of "unusual" rose once or twice a year. Maybe a gold dipped one, or a silver dipped one, or I did a platinum one last year. She's been getting laquer dipped ones the past few I've gotten, but for Christmas I found a guy who does crystal ones, so that's part of what she's getting. I can't do jewelry, 'cause she know WAYYY too much about gems, & I know nothing, so she picks her own & I just hand over the visa. Keeps her happy. And if Marcie is happy, all is right with the world. biggrin.gif I don't have a clue what else to get her, but I'm sure I'll stumble on to something. Maybe a spa day, as was suggested.
campbellcj
I'm not sure -- is it the 24th yet? unsure.gif

I'm thinking about a nice piece of furniture or some jewelry, among the few things she actually could use more of. Already got her a pretty nice espresso machine too (we both like our morning java so it will get a lot of use.)

Oh yeah...we just got her a new business/career...and a new car...it's been a farkin' spendy year. When's my turn? wub.gif
SpecialK
We decided on a trip to Puerto Vallarta for a week in Feb., can't friggin' wait!! mueba.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 16 2004, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Dec 16 2004, 11:13 AM)
Scott and Lisa,
I've been confused (about many things) but are you married and living in different locations? confused24.gif

Felix

Yes Felix, we are married, and do live in different homes. Her husband is a very nice guy. I am married also and my wife is from another country. I married her to get her citizenship. She is very nice but just not my type at all. So yes we are married but not to each other. Its a little complicated. Lets just leave it at that.

huh.gif

Interesting......or just weird.....I don't know.

Oh well, it is Kalifornicate. biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Special_K @ Dec 16 2004, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 16 2004, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Dec 16 2004, 11:13 AM)
Scott and Lisa,

Felix

Yes Felix, we are married, and do live in different homes. Her husband is a very nice guy. I am married also and my wife is from another country. I married her to get her citizenship. She is very nice but just not my type at all. So yes we are married but not to each other. Its a little complicated. Lets just leave it at that.

huh.gif

Interesting......or just weird.....I don't know.

Oh well, it is Kalifornicate. biggrin.gif

Damn! glad I live in Okieland. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
xsboost90
my 924s, just did belts, alignment, all kinds of upgrades...hers now. I bought one of those great big bows for the roof. I made a booklet with pictures of the car and the title and all inside. Got her a rennlist.com membership and a pca membership...
Allan
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Dec 16 2004, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 16 2004, 08:38 AM)

wink.gif

Lisa lol3.gif

agree.gif BUT!!! She actually puts up with so much of ma crap that I really can't complain at all. I will get her basically anything she wants.

It's good to have a real friend as your wife. She is the best..

And no you can not have her!!!
Brando
Getting my (not significant other, just my long-term girlfriend) better half a session at a Vintage Pin-Up studio. wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
Cheap jewlery biggrin.gif
r_towle
being that she is into xmas decorations and we just got a farm....I bought her a real one horse open sleigh.
turn of the century, restored, painted red. black, with gold metal trim....very santa like

now I get to move it and store it forever...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.