Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's it worth in Today's market, Bone stock 1970 - '69 production date
Mhead
post Nov 14 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,302

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 16 2013, 10:21 AM
Post #22

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Love the unpretentiousness of this car, it looks so innocent. If its for sale, what are you asking for it?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Nov 17 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #23

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This appears to be a perfect example of a Preservation winning vehicle.
To get top dollar I would research taking this to auction.
Do some research and find which auction will be the best match for the car you are selling. You can hire someone to do all of this work for you. And that might be best, since they will not be personally attached to the vehicle. They can get the pricing for you, get the car cleaned up, and detailed for auction and get it transported to the auction. Good luck with your adventure.
Craig at CAMP
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Nov 17 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #24

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

irish green in chrome trim. lovely car. value? what ever the market will bear. lots i reckon.
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Nov 18 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

To directly answer your question of what it could be worth, I'd say $30,000, based on how its being presented. Now if you were to trailer the car to some shows and build a record of inspections, that price may go up by $5-10.000.

That's my call
+Quote Post
dlkawashima
post Nov 18 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 12,234
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 17 2013, 09:27 AM) *

This appears to be a perfect example of a Preservation winning vehicle.

Well, I guess I'll play the naysayer (at least for one post) and say that, considering the car's current state of cleanliness, there would be no way for it to win a Preservation class competition. The car would get nitpicked to death over the dirt and stains that show up in the pictures (is that mold on the right edge of the dash?).

To get back on topic, a super clean car simply shows better and therefore enables one the best chance of getting top dollar. But frankly, without seeing the condition of the engine bay and the underside, I don't think an accurate (or at least informed) dollar value can be put on the car.
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Nov 18 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Nov 18 2013, 07:05 PM) *

.... considering the car's current state of cleanliness, there would be no way for it to win a Preservation class competition.

Or, for that matter, be accepted and bring top dollar at a serious, high-end auto auction.
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Jan 31 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #28

It's been a while since I had the chance to think about next steps. Considering a little time cleaning and prepping. But will it be worthy of the effort or should I leave it as is as a true survivor with the dirt and patina of 44 years? I bought this car almost 30 years ago as a kid out of college to just drive it around...and then got caught up in life...you know the story. So here a few pics of the engine bay and underside. The first is the left side...the relay board was not covered in the very early cars...Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Jan 31 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(Mhead @ Jan 31 2014, 03:55 PM) *

It's been a while since I had the chance to think about next steps. Considering a little time cleaning and prepping. But will it be worthy of the effort or should I leave it as is as a true survivor with the dirt and patina of 44 years? I bought this car almost 30 years ago as a kid out of college to just drive it around...and then got caught up in life...you know the story. So here a few pics of the engine bay and underside. The first is the left side...the relay board was not covered in the very early cars...original fuel lines (dangerous) still in there...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Jan 31 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #30

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Jan 31 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #31

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Jan 31 2014, 06:21 PM
Post #32

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Jan 31 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #33

+Quote Post
Mhead
post Jan 31 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #34

Apologies for the mucked up post and duplicates...need to learn how to post multiple pictures...
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 2 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #35

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Use the "Add Reply" button, not the "reply button. Add text or a smily in each post, then add as many photos in a post as it allows. Resize the photos to 800 x 600 in a photo editor before posting to get more photos in each post.

Great looking 914 by the way. More photos please. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 2 2014, 09:49 AM
Post #36

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

"I don't drive it, kind of a garage queen due to its condition and low mileage. I am contemplating a move to something else...of the same vintage but more of a driver."

Try driving it to a 914 party. Driving these cars and then hanging out with like minded people is were all the fun is.
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Feb 2 2014, 09:53 AM
Post #37

Front trunk... Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Feb 2 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2014, 07:49 AM) *

"I don't drive it, kind of a garage queen due to its condition and low mileage. I am contemplating a move to something else...of the same vintage but more of a driver."

Try driving it to a 914 party. Driving these cars and then hanging out with like minded people is were all the fun is.

I have another that I drive for kicks, same year, about 10K more miles, started life in Darmstadt Germany...brought back in the late 70's...White. To your point about 914 parties...can't find any thing like them in the Northeast...I think most of the remaining 914's went west where the weather is more accommodating. I am in touch with an enthusiast (a couple of 6's) who I have been talking to about an event in the Newport RI area in late summer...I need to get the car in presentable form to show.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 2 2014, 10:24 AM
Post #39

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Mhead @ Feb 2 2014, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2014, 07:49 AM) *

I have another that I drive for kicks, same year, about 10K more miles, started life in Darmstadt Germany...brought back in the late 70's...White. To your point about 914 parties...can't find any thing like them in the Northeast...I think most of the remaining 914's went west where the weather is more accommodating. I am in touch with an enthusiast (a couple of 6's) who I have been talking to about an event in the Newport RI area in late summer...I need to get the car in presentable form to show.

Chris Foley/Tangerine Racing puts on a big 914 GTG in CT. And there's always Hershey PA in April
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Feb 2 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Boy that brings back memories- had mine since new so a lot of that looks familiar! Gotta love that tail shifter! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Is that some aftermarket rustproofing on the underside and rear of engine sheetmetal? That stuff is a PITA to remove especially when it's 40+ years old!!

If you had the original bill of sale it would be REAL interesting. I'm not convinced the COA from Porsche on those cars is very accurate as dealers back then did a lot of switching around from cars on the lot.

I luckily got the houndstooth seats from an adjacent 914-6 because that was what I'd originally wanted the car didn't come with it. Also changed the wheels after it arrived at the dealer.

I guess now the dealers either won't or can't switch much around from car to car...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:43 PM