Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1972 914 crank no start
Number47
post Sep 29 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,454
Region Association: Upper MidWest

ok here goes. i have been enlisted to help a friend that has little automotive background get his 72 914 running after a 5+ years in storage. this far i have pumped the gas tank empty and filled with fresh. the fuel pump runs till it builds pressure then stops running. i have spark into the dist. cap but no spark out. cap and rotor were new when parked. now the rotor is nothing like i have ever seen before. i have very limited experience with american muscle and im a diesel mechanic for a living so this whole extra ignition system is borderline voodoo to me. i cant seem to get this sob to run and im bound and determine to do so. so if anyone can tell me what i need to look for that would be great. also i need to know the location of the fuel pump and fuel filter(havent looked yet but figured im on here ill ask anyway). thanks for any help and if more info is needed let me know and ill get it promptly as possible. vin will be here soon
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:14 PM