Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I can't wait to step on my clutch
aufaber
post May 26 2003, 01:05 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 525

QUOTE(914Timo @ May 25 2003, 10:02 PM)
Very nice, but like Gint and others I would like to see pics about the MC. I am not sure if I understood all Brad explaned.....     (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Well brads way of mounting a remote resivour master cyl. on the other side of the firewall is definately cleaner in the long run. I have mine all in the cabin, making the clutch pedal face sit about 1" closer.

(IMG:http://www.earlyapex.net/images/tranny/MVC-269X.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 26 2003, 01:23 AM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

The best part is: nothing changes inside the car.

Aaron your pretty tall if I recall correctly.. does that setup work ok for you ?? You could easily use the pieces you have to move it to other side and buy the remote kit (they sell the line and resovoir seperate)

B
+Quote Post
aufaber
post May 26 2003, 01:30 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 525

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 25 2003, 11:23 PM)
The best part is: nothing changes inside the car.

Aaron your pretty tall if I recall correctly.. does that setup work ok for you ?? You could easily use the pieces you have to move it to other side and buy the remote kit (they sell the line and resovoir seperate)

B

I'm 6'4", actualy haven't had any trouble yet. I figured I would eventualy put a remote MC in when I was going to be doing work on the other side anyway.

I'm suprised I don't even notice that the pedal is closer. i'll see how it works as I start driving the car more often. Yesterday replaced the leaking timing chain cover that was putting oil onto the belts.

-Aaron G>
+Quote Post
airsix
post May 27 2003, 10:28 AM
Post #24

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

Project update:

What a PITA. I spoke way to soon when I said this was a piece-o-cake. Slave cyl install was a no-brainer. Plumbing the lines was a no-brainer. Installing the master cyl? Let's just say I've got 4 hours into it and all I've managed to do is make a big mess. Trying to establish a good mounting surface for the MC and still leave enought room in front of it so the line doesn't run into the suspension support has been a nightmare. Tonight I'll pull the MC back off and use a sawsall to cut out the mess I've made and start over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

-Ben M.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post May 27 2003, 10:31 AM
Post #25

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Do you have a 90 degree banjo on the end of the clutch MC ??

Show me a pic of your clutch MC.

Ha ha.. clutch MC. << My new rap star name.

"Clutch MC"
+Quote Post
airsix
post May 27 2003, 10:58 AM
Post #26

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 27 2003, 08:31 AM)
Do you have a 90 degree banjo on the end of the clutch MC ??

The nose of the MC is female AN. It came with an AN line coupler (join female MC to female AN fitting) and a AN-to-3/16-flare adapter. On the way home from work I was going to try to pick up a 90 elbow for the 3/16 flare since that's what the rest of my lines are. I hadn't thought of using a banjo fitting. That would make sense (assuming I can find the parts locally).

The biggest problem is the pan. Making a flat spot large enougth for the MC to mount to, and having it point it the right direction has me pulling my hair out.

-Ben M.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:42 AM