Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ninefourtronics Fuel Injection Test Instrument, James Thoruson you are a FI god!
IronHillRestorations
post Dec 17 2004, 07:04 PM
Post #1

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

This is a blatant endorsement of a excellent product!

After purchasing the Ninefourtronics Fuel Injection Tester a few years ago, I (along with the help of Dave - hi ho silber) finally got to put it through the test! I know alot of thought and planning went into this, but after actually needing to troubleshoot a injected car, it worked very very well!

I know I got the first production model, because it's serial number 1. I don't know how many of these were put together, but if anyone wants the best fuel injection tester for the D-Jet system, this has to be it!

You can test:

Temp sensor I
Temp sensor II
Substitution of temp sensor II with adjustable potentiometer
MPS primary winding
MPS secondary winding
Fuel pump run signal
TPS
Trigger point signal
Trigger point resistance
Any other critcal functions

With this tester and a decent digital multimeter, a fuel injection ignoramous like me could actually get a system back online.

James Thoruson you are a god to me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 17 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Is he still doing anything with 914's???

I thought he got out 914's for one reason or another...something along the lines of buying a car that to him, was misrepresented and required too much work???

He sure knew his electronics (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Dec 17 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #3

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Hmmm...Does the unit contain a schematic? If James isn't making them anymore, and they're aren't any to be found, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at making one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Dec 17 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #4

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

QUOTE(Special_K @ Dec 17 2004, 06:19 PM)
Does the unit contain a schematic?

I don't think so, but I'll check. I used to have his e-mail address, but I think I lost it in the crash of '01
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 08:02 AM