Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 75 injection question
rosenfe
post Oct 18 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,512
Region Association: None

are the 75 injection systems more complicated and difficult to source parts?are they enough of an issue to stay away from them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Oct 18 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

The fuel injection system is the same, they have an added air pump with lines going to the heads, but you can remove that and plug the holes in the heads, then back date the exhaust, and your like any other FI car.

Jeff
+Quote Post
rosenfe
post Oct 18 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,512
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 18 2013, 10:59 AM) *

The fuel injection system is the same, they have an added air pump with lines going to the heads, but you can remove that and plug the holes in the heads, then back date the exhaust, and your like any other FI car.

Jeff

thanks.i see your in california,as i am.im in marin county.do you know anything about smog laws changing in ca re:75 cars?

as to injection i thought pre 75 were different type of injection,but im new to all this ,just deciding if i want to buy a 75 car.there is a good example available.
+Quote Post
wrightee
post Oct 18 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,053
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(rosenfe @ Oct 18 2013, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 18 2013, 10:59 AM) *

Jeff

thanks.i see your in california,as i am.im in marin county.do you know anything about smog laws changing in ca re:75 cars?

as to injection i thought pre 75 were different type of injection,but im new to all this ,just deciding if i want to buy a 75 car.there is a good example available.

Which engine? the '75 1.8 was an L-jet system, where the earlier 1.7s had D-jet FI. Not sure, but I think the 2.0s were all D-jet...sure someone with greater knowledge will talk to that, as I don't have knowledge on the late 2.0 engines.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Oct 18 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #5

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

You guys should do some searching around 914world. There is a lot of great info here.
One is a button at the very top of each page labeled 914 info. All your questions are answered there.
+Quote Post
57lincolnman
post Oct 18 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,175
Region Association: Southern California

I recently rebuilt the L-jet fuel injection system in my '75 1.8L. All of the components are readily available to do the job correctly and keep it stock. Busses of this vintage all use the same parts so you have another route to go to find what you need. The only problem I had was finding the throttle body switch. I had to source that from Germany. Good luck.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:49 PM