Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 injection question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
are the 75 injection systems more complicated and difficult to source parts?are they enough of an issue to stay away from them.
JStroud
The fuel injection system is the same, they have an added air pump with lines going to the heads, but you can remove that and plug the holes in the heads, then back date the exhaust, and your like any other FI car.

Jeff
rosenfe
QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 18 2013, 10:59 AM) *

The fuel injection system is the same, they have an added air pump with lines going to the heads, but you can remove that and plug the holes in the heads, then back date the exhaust, and your like any other FI car.

Jeff

thanks.i see your in california,as i am.im in marin county.do you know anything about smog laws changing in ca re:75 cars?

as to injection i thought pre 75 were different type of injection,but im new to all this ,just deciding if i want to buy a 75 car.there is a good example available.
wrightee
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Oct 18 2013, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 18 2013, 10:59 AM) *

Jeff

thanks.i see your in california,as i am.im in marin county.do you know anything about smog laws changing in ca re:75 cars?

as to injection i thought pre 75 were different type of injection,but im new to all this ,just deciding if i want to buy a 75 car.there is a good example available.

Which engine? the '75 1.8 was an L-jet system, where the earlier 1.7s had D-jet FI. Not sure, but I think the 2.0s were all D-jet...sure someone with greater knowledge will talk to that, as I don't have knowledge on the late 2.0 engines.
TheCabinetmaker
You guys should do some searching around 914world. There is a lot of great info here.
One is a button at the very top of each page labeled 914 info. All your questions are answered there.
57lincolnman
I recently rebuilt the L-jet fuel injection system in my '75 1.8L. All of the components are readily available to do the job correctly and keep it stock. Busses of this vintage all use the same parts so you have another route to go to find what you need. The only problem I had was finding the throttle body switch. I had to source that from Germany. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.