Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB - Late Doors, Complete, Hope in NorCal, Nice if they were cheap and red
DBCooper
post Oct 23 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #1

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

Yes, I can help you get some of that stuff you don't really need out of your garage.

I have early doors that need serious help, and it occurs to me that if I'm going to rebuild doors it would probably be better to do late doors instead of what I have. So I'm looking for a couple of late doors in reasonably good shape. Best if they're cheap, bonus if they're red and triple bonus if they're in NorCal so I can pick up.

Thanks

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Milsha12
post Oct 24 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,981

I'm not close enough for you to pick up, but in case you can get stripped doors and need the rest, I can help you out with door latches, inner handles and surrounds, window regulators, usable crank handles, window guides, and I have clear corner windows complete with the vertical chrome guide and seals to bolt in. Shipping to CA will take some cash, but I am very reasonable on price, so it may be able to work for you.

I also have a stripped driver's side door in reasonable condition and both roll-up windows (clear), but shipping on those could be expensive. I can check into it if you want. (My pass. side door is available too, but very rusted on the bottom.)

If you get no help on complete door assemblies and need any of these parts, let me know.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Oct 24 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #3

Great. Let me see if anything shows up nearby first, and depending on what it is maybe I can put the two together. If someone contacts you and wants what you have then go ahead, no obligations, but this will widen what would work for me so should get it done, one way or another.

Thanks

+Quote Post
914sgofast2
post Oct 24 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,855
Region Association: None

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 23 2013, 05:14 PM) *

Yes, I can help you get some of that stuff you don't really need out of your garage.

I have early doors that need serious help, and it occurs to me that if I'm going to rebuild doors it would probably be better to do late doors instead of what I have. So I'm looking for a couple of late doors in reasonably good shape. Best if they're cheap, bonus if they're red and triple bonus if they're in NorCal so I can pick up.

Thanks

Try Pick-N-Pull in Stockton. They have a 1975 914 showing on their inventory that recently went into the yard. There is also a 914 in the Sparks, Nevada, Pick-N-Pull, but it is a 1970.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Oct 24 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Ha ha ha, thanks for that heads-up. Irony is that I was there yesterday. The doors are more than a little rough, hardware all broken or missing, rubber shot, the glass is broken, and worst, bondo and rust. If anyone's interested the car still has a complete 2.0 engine and side-shift transmission and there was a to-do list inside the car saying the engine wouldn't start, hadn't run in years. The pans and even one of the wheels was rusted through. There are two Pick n Pulls there on Clark, and it's in the "Premium" (read 'more expensive') yard on the East. I saw the photos too and had high hopes for those doors, but came home disappointed and decided to post this ad, hoping for something more usable.

+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Oct 24 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #6

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

something will show up.

in the meanwhile, stay away from the cones (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Milsha12
post Oct 30 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,981

Free bump!

Any luck finding your doors?
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Nov 1 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Milsha12 @ Oct 30 2013, 12:59 PM) *

Free bump!

May be. Maybe. I'll let you know.

+Quote Post
B2524
post Nov 1 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #9

It's a sickness.

Member No.: 13,776

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Nov 1 2013, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Milsha12 @ Oct 30 2013, 12:59 PM) *

Free bump!

May be. Maybe. I'll let you know.

i have a set in the Morgan Hill area, but they are yellow....

complete and pretty nice
+Quote Post
smveril
post Nov 3 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #10

Mikey

Member No.: 3,232
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a red driver's door in Cincinnati. It is a shell but has a small hole on the bottom. It can't be seen when installed. It also has small dents.

Mike
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Nov 4 2013, 07:02 AM
Post #11

I'd love to look at it, Mike, but you're a long way away for that. The Morgan Hill doors were sold (bummer) but it looks like Slits has some in Riverside. That's a ten hour drive (round trip) but someone might be able to bring them part way back so it would only be six hours (round trip). That's more doable but I'm still hoping some will turn up closer.

Got the doors from Ron, brought up by Elliot. I owe both you guys. Yes, I'll pay it forward, but I owe you, too. Thanks.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 03:01 PM