Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Late Doors, Complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DBCooper
Yes, I can help you get some of that stuff you don't really need out of your garage.

I have early doors that need serious help, and it occurs to me that if I'm going to rebuild doors it would probably be better to do late doors instead of what I have. So I'm looking for a couple of late doors in reasonably good shape. Best if they're cheap, bonus if they're red and triple bonus if they're in NorCal so I can pick up.

Thanks

Milsha12
I'm not close enough for you to pick up, but in case you can get stripped doors and need the rest, I can help you out with door latches, inner handles and surrounds, window regulators, usable crank handles, window guides, and I have clear corner windows complete with the vertical chrome guide and seals to bolt in. Shipping to CA will take some cash, but I am very reasonable on price, so it may be able to work for you.

I also have a stripped driver's side door in reasonable condition and both roll-up windows (clear), but shipping on those could be expensive. I can check into it if you want. (My pass. side door is available too, but very rusted on the bottom.)

If you get no help on complete door assemblies and need any of these parts, let me know.
DBCooper
Great. Let me see if anything shows up nearby first, and depending on what it is maybe I can put the two together. If someone contacts you and wants what you have then go ahead, no obligations, but this will widen what would work for me so should get it done, one way or another.

Thanks

914sgofast2
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 23 2013, 05:14 PM) *

Yes, I can help you get some of that stuff you don't really need out of your garage.

I have early doors that need serious help, and it occurs to me that if I'm going to rebuild doors it would probably be better to do late doors instead of what I have. So I'm looking for a couple of late doors in reasonably good shape. Best if they're cheap, bonus if they're red and triple bonus if they're in NorCal so I can pick up.

Thanks

Try Pick-N-Pull in Stockton. They have a 1975 914 showing on their inventory that recently went into the yard. There is also a 914 in the Sparks, Nevada, Pick-N-Pull, but it is a 1970.
DBCooper
Ha ha ha, thanks for that heads-up. Irony is that I was there yesterday. The doors are more than a little rough, hardware all broken or missing, rubber shot, the glass is broken, and worst, bondo and rust. If anyone's interested the car still has a complete 2.0 engine and side-shift transmission and there was a to-do list inside the car saying the engine wouldn't start, hadn't run in years. The pans and even one of the wheels was rusted through. There are two Pick n Pulls there on Clark, and it's in the "Premium" (read 'more expensive') yard on the East. I saw the photos too and had high hopes for those doors, but came home disappointed and decided to post this ad, hoping for something more usable.

jimkelly
something will show up.

in the meanwhile, stay away from the cones biggrin.gif
Milsha12
Free bump!

Any luck finding your doors?
DBCooper
QUOTE(Milsha12 @ Oct 30 2013, 12:59 PM) *

Free bump!

May be. Maybe. I'll let you know.

B2524
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Nov 1 2013, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Milsha12 @ Oct 30 2013, 12:59 PM) *

Free bump!

May be. Maybe. I'll let you know.

i have a set in the Morgan Hill area, but they are yellow....

complete and pretty nice
smveril
I have a red driver's door in Cincinnati. It is a shell but has a small hole on the bottom. It can't be seen when installed. It also has small dents.

Mike
DBCooper
I'd love to look at it, Mike, but you're a long way away for that. The Morgan Hill doors were sold (bummer) but it looks like Slits has some in Riverside. That's a ten hour drive (round trip) but someone might be able to bring them part way back so it would only be six hours (round trip). That's more doable but I'm still hoping some will turn up closer.

Got the doors from Ron, brought up by Elliot. I owe both you guys. Yes, I'll pay it forward, but I owe you, too. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.