Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crash damage, How much to fix
Aaron Cox
post Dec 22 2004, 10:42 AM
Post #41

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (mikez @ Dec 22 2004, 09:36 AM)
So...the twit pulled out and your son clipped the twit....why is the twit not paying? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)

its california.....who has insurance these days mike? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post Dec 22 2004, 11:18 AM
Post #42

914 addicted

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,246

I had just bought the car and passed it over to my son who had not even registered it yet and had therfor not added the car to his insurance. In Cali the police will not come out unless there are injuries and also there were no independent witnesses so determination of fault is tricky. It is probably best to just fix the car ourselves. Otherwise if it is filed as a claim they jack up your rates anyway!
+Quote Post
blpenserini
post Dec 22 2004, 11:39 AM
Post #43

Painter...

Member No.: 2,037

From the looks of the damage, doesn't seem like it can be "pulled" out. It should probably be resectioned. My partner Mark and I can do it, probably in the $2000 range if that helps. The shop will be open around Feb. but we might be able to squeeze you in before that if need be. -Brandon
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Dec 22 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #44

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Dec 22 2004, 07:55 AM)
I have to admit I'm not in the habit of giving anything away. That's because I sell parts for a living. Just FYI, a good, totally rust free used fender for that car is $650. So, if you can get one for free - that is the way to go.

Greg, just FYI, lots of people have given lots away here to other teeners. I sold a compete running 1.7 FI for $100, gave away a nice 914 bra for free etc. Those are just the recent ones. BUT I also sell parts and own a shop, so I do make a living off of things, but try not to mention I can sell something to someone with each post. Just be careful, it sounds to me like you keep trying to pedal products off on people. We don't need that here (let me just speak for everyone eh? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif) ), I think we can all find the parts we need when we need them. Contribute please, don't pedal products so much. It is getting anoying. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
greg.treadway
post Dec 22 2004, 03:42 PM
Post #45

914 Nut

Member No.: 3,295

Dan, I'm not pedaling anything on this thread. I was just suggesting that if the fender was $650 - there is no way the repair could be a few hundred dollars as suggested. That is why I said if you can get a free fender don't turn it down. And then other posts have confirmed my guess in price as you see. I'm not sure why my information is less valuable than anyone elses. I will keep trying harder though.
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post Dec 22 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #46

914 addicted

Member No.: 1,246

I have personally let people pick stuff off of my engine cores and rollers at no charge, I have pressed out bushings and pedal board split pins, laser cut exhaust flanges and abalone inlays for club members all without charging one red cent. It's a club right?

Brandon, since this is on my son's budget he will probably have the cut and weld done for now, and have the whole car painted late next year.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Dec 22 2004, 03:51 PM
Post #47

Village Idiot

Sorry Greg, just seems like every time you post something, it has some sort of reference to AA. Then again, you are a parts guy from AA so you probably gauge just about everything by what you carry/sell? Don't know? Either way, always gald to have another teener on the club. Please excuse me if I came off rude. I am really trying to give you a chance here as some others are. I too had some rather poor experiences with AA that left a rather bad taste in my mouth. You are trying, so I will too.

Life is good.
Life is good.
Life is good.
Life is good.
Life is good.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Dec 22 2004, 03:52 PM
Post #48

Village Idiot

QUOTE (ppickerell @ Dec 22 2004, 01:46 PM)
I have personally let people pick stuff off of my engine cores and rollers at no charge, I have pressed out bushings and pedal board split pins, laser cut exhaust flanges and abalone inlays for club members all without charging one red cent. It's a club right?

Brandon, since this is on my son's budget he will probably have the cut and weld done for now, and have the whole car painted late next year.

Labor is what I tend to give away most. I have works countless hours for free for people, good people, 914 club people. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
greg.treadway
post Dec 22 2004, 04:11 PM
Post #49

914 Nut

Member No.: 3,295

I understand, believe me. I have had bad experiences with all the Porsche vendors in one way or another order parts personally. I just chaulk it up to life...

I just worked with a club member at the counter today who is having his 911 steering wheel recovered and got a poor job. Even though we had not touched this item we found color swatches, took digital pics and sent the item on our Fed Ex bill for free back to the vendor for him with instructions on what had gone wrong. I do free stuff everyday. I have also been offering club members that contact me directly discounts - ask around and you'll see. I do gauge a lot by my working at AA. I don't know how to be that objective. I know what I know.
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Dec 22 2004, 08:49 PM
Post #50

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Early in the year I gave away, for free, a near complete '74 1.8 to a Clubber.
( I sold the clean front hood to a Clubber for $100 ) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

He decided to pass on the project, so he's going to give it back to me.

I recently gave away my set of used Falkens and my stock steel wheels.
I got a 2.0 F.I. brain for $40.
Many parts have been given to me or sold at amazing prices.
Plus the loaners are cool...

thanks to: Perry, McMark, Randal, Bill P., Brad, Rich Bontempi, Root, Martin Baker. Sorry if I missed someone.

KT
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 09:58 PM