Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feeler for my Daily..., 914-6 conversion car
'73-914kid
post Jan 2 2014, 02:13 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,714
Region Association: Southern California

I'll be at the Irvine Cars and Coffee this coming Saturday. If a true buyer for the car turns up, and I could manage the 911, I would consider letting it go.

We can talk at cars and coffee if you'd like.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jan 2 2014, 06:53 AM
Post #22

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ Dec 18 2013, 04:58 PM) *

I respectfully disagree with Craig's statement that the price is on the high side of a six conversion. Condition and the components (engine tranny etc.) mean everything. Anyone that has built a high quality conversion six knows the cost and believe me it's WAY north of $30. My 74 3.2 was built by Greg Fordahl. It has the "best of the best" components. The build ran nearly $70,000 not including the rust free donor car.
Just my 2 cents.

Cost to Build & Money Received when Sold are Two Way Different Things! The market is Soft on Conversions (of all Types, not just 914-6s - LS Engine swaps into other cars are Solt too)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Jan 2 2014, 09:39 AM
Post #23

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

I hope it sells for the asking price! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Bobby Smith
post Jan 3 2014, 02:26 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 7,926

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 2 2014, 04:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ Dec 18 2013, 04:58 PM) *

I respectfully disagree with Craig's statement that the price is on the high side of a six conversion. Condition and the components (engine tranny etc.) mean everything. Anyone that has built a high quality conversion six knows the cost and believe me it's WAY north of $30. My 74 3.2 was built by Greg Fordahl. It has the "best of the best" components. The build ran nearly $70,000 not including the rust free donor car.
Just my 2 cents.

Cost to Build & Money Received when Sold are Two Way Different Things! The market is Soft on Conversions (of all Types, not just 914-6s - LS Engine swaps into other cars are Solt too)

I totally agree. I did not pay for my build. I bought it already done for less than the original build. I have a standing offer for $30K. The buyers are out there for nice conversions. I've owned 2 original 6's and my conversion 3.2 6 literally blows them away but obviously does not have the "collector" value.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jan 3 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #25

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

I've gotten some nasty eMails about my comment!

1st of all I hope Ethan gets what he wants!

2nd, I love Conversions, But haven't made any monet selling them

3rd, if you don't have anything better to do than send me eMails regarding my Opinion - Fuch Off!
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Jan 3 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 9,714

I've been dealing with cars for long enough to know that you pretty much never get back out what you spend on them. I took no offense with Carr's comments, so get off his back.

I honestly wish this thread would die already, you people keep bringing it up.. everytime it gets bumped, I start thinking about selling it again. I kind of wish it would fall to the second page and stay there...permanently.
+Quote Post
post Jan 3 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 3 2014, 05:43 PM) *

I've gotten some nasty eMails about my comment!

1st of all I hope Ethan gets what he wants!

2nd, I love Conversions, But haven't made any monet selling them

3rd, if you don't have anything better to do than send me eMails regarding my Opinion - Fuch Off!

Way to go, I need a good laugh. #3 tell it like it is -(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). Reminds me just a few days ago.. I was standing for a cup at Starbucks. Line was close to the door, a 20-30 year old bumps into me hard to and then says...excuse me. I bumped him back and and say the same - excuse me, he says do you want to take this outside. I responded, I'm standing here - how about right here.
Some times, you gotta stand your ground. ...he walks off.
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Jan 5 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316

I agree with this assessment. I've never been a fan of "feeler" ads...either sell it or not. To post, "if the right..." sounds hokey. Contrary to popular belief, "uncommitted sales ads" do not create/drive demand (or inspire buyers to "jump") - enthusiasts are generally too smart for that ploy. Best wishes - the car looks like a decent driver.

PS: ANY cage on a street car is very controversial...I love the affect it has on a 914 chassis but the safety (non-helmet) is a big turn-off for most. Tough call...

Cracker

[/quote]
[/quote]
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:16 AM