Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NEED 914/6 THROTTLE LINKAGE PARTS, 914/6 Throttle linkage rebuild
marinmcgreevy
post Dec 22 2004, 06:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,243

Hi All,

Starting to work on my 914/6. One of the things I do not like is the throttle linkage. The car has 40IDA Webers on tall manifolds. The throttle linkage is a cable (with a ball socket on the end) attached directly to the cross bar. The throttle cable goes under the engine and then makes a sharp turn up to the slot in the sheet metal for the normal 914/6 throttle rod. The car has a sideshifter so that is why I think this car is set up the way it is. The throttle works fine but having the cable make two sharp 90 degree turns does not sit well. I am looking for the bell crank that mounts on the stud that is pressed into the intake manifold. The manifold has the stud but no bell crank. Pelican carries the bushing but not the bell crank.

Does anyone know of a good source for such parts? I need the bell crank and the rod that goes from the bell crank to the cross bar. I am including a photo of a set for sale on ebay. I do not need the manifold or I would bid on the parts.

Thanks and Merry Christmas! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:56 PM