Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transmission Clinic in Charles City, VA at Scotty B's, FEB, Sign up, ask questions, etc.
914itis
post Feb 7 2014, 07:38 PM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,256
Region Association: North East States

I decided that I will stop by for the Sunday clinic as a spectator. See you all Sunday
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Feb 8 2014, 08:20 AM
Post #162

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

So....when do the pictures start getting posted? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
balljoint
post Feb 8 2014, 08:52 AM
Post #163

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897
Region Association: None

Not too long now...
+Quote Post
MDG
post Feb 8 2014, 09:21 AM
Post #164

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

Dave has had Scotty's shop wired for satellite video feed for a few years now. Multi-camera, motion sensors, infra-red . . the whole deal. Pretty good quality too.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Feb 8 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #165

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

Here's a few pictures.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
dw914six
post Feb 8 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #166

Member No.: 16,902
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Feb 8 2014, 03:33 PM) *

Here's a few pictures.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) looks like a lot of parts....good luck getting em back together. You have the good Dr. with you so no issues. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

Keep pictures coming.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Feb 8 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #167

Advanced Member

I think I left before some of the more interesting photo ops became available.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Feb 9 2014, 07:32 AM
Post #168

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Feb 8 2014, 10:14 PM) *

I think I left before some of the more interesting photo ops became available.

Wise move! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
james wallace
post Feb 9 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #169

Member No.: 16,962
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Great clinic! Thanks Mike and great to meet all of you. A long day but well worth the price of admission. I couldn't insert images of my trans here but did post them in my ongoing nuts and bolts restoration timeline, here.

www.jaahmez.tumblr.com

James
+Quote Post
balljoint
post Feb 9 2014, 09:42 AM
Post #170

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897

I had a great time meeting all of you as well.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Feb 9 2014, 12:16 PM
Post #171

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632

QUOTE(balljoint @ Feb 9 2014, 10:42 AM) *

I had a great time meeting all of you as well.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Have you ever been to the states?
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Feb 9 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #172

Advanced Member

What a weekend! Meet some great people from 914 World, had some excellent pig, and walked away with a Dr. Evil rebuilt trans. You can love or hate the Dr. but there is no denying his skill and knowledge regarding the 901. If you get a chance this is a very worth while clinic to attend. I learned more about transmissions in a weekend than I had learned in the 50 previous years.

Thanks to everyone that helped me out and I hoped I help a few of you in turn. Can't wait to install this trans!
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Feb 9 2014, 01:23 PM
Post #173

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

You'll be amazed at what an improvement it'll be.

At least 'twas for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Feb 9 2014, 01:27 PM
Post #174

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Porschef @ Feb 9 2014, 11:23 AM) *

You'll be amazed at what an improvement it'll be.

At least 'twas for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

After seeing my first gear dog teeth I have no doubt it will be better. But for a 40 year trans it was in pretty good shape.
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Feb 9 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #175

Can I get this one dad??

Member No.: 7,987

OK, as promised here is the Kalua pig recipe, it is really very simple.

Ingredients.
Pork shoulder or butt - I used about 16 lbs for this event and used 20 people for my planning.
Liquid Smoke - Hickory flavor - I usually use about 2 bottles per 4 pounds. Start with one if you have a small piece of meat and then add more based on your preference.
Rock salt - sometimes called ice cream salt
Water.

Preparation.
1. Score the pig; checkerboard cuts across all angles of the meat. They don't have to be very deep about 1/2 a CM in depth. This helps with soaking up the juices.
2. Large roasting pan with a cover; if you don't have a cover you will cover it with tin foil.
3. Add a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to the pan, sprinkle some rock salt in the bottom of the pan.
4. Place pig in pan, pour a bottle of liquid smoke all over it and then rub some salt on the top and side of the pig. Go easy on the salt, it is easy to make it saltier but harder to cut it if it is TOO salty.
5. Cover and place in oven that is at about 300 degrees.
6. Let it cook. Check on it ever couple of hours and, as it starts to get loose, pull it apart and into the juices. You need to watch the fluid level and not let it get dry. You can pour in more liquid smoke about 3 hours in. You may need to replace the tin foil part way through, keep an eye on it.
7. It will take anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to cook, when if falls apart in the pan, it is done. SERVE and enjoy.

You can also use a crockpot or roaster to do this. Let me know if anyone has an questions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Feb 9 2014, 01:49 PM
Post #176

Advanced Member

QUOTE(stephenaki @ Feb 9 2014, 11:39 AM) *

OK, as promised here is the Kalua pig recipe, it is really very simple.

Ingredients.
Pork shoulder or butt - I used about 16 lbs for this event and used 20 people for my planning.
Liquid Smoke - Hickory flavor - I usually use about 2 bottles per 4 pounds. Start with one if you have a small piece of meat and then add more based on your preference.
Rock salt - sometimes called ice cream salt
Water.

Preparation.
1. Score the pig; checkerboard cuts across all angles of the meat. They don't have to be very deep about 1/2 a CM in depth. This helps with soaking up the juices.
2. Large roasting pan with a cover; if you don't have a cover you will cover it with tin foil.
3. Add a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to the pan, sprinkle some rock salt in the bottom of the pan.
4. Place pig in pan, pour a bottle of liquid smoke all over it and then rub some salt on the top and side of the pig. Go easy on the salt, it is easy to make it saltier but harder to cut it if it is TOO salty.
5. Cover and place in oven that is at about 300 degrees.
6. Let it cook. Check on it ever couple of hours and, as it starts to get loose, pull it apart and into the juices. You need to watch the fluid level and not let it get dry. You can pour in more liquid smoke about 3 hours in. You may need to replace the tin foil part way through, keep an eye on it.
7. It will take anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to cook, when if falls apart in the pan, it is done. SERVE and enjoy.

You can also use a crockpot or roaster to do this. Let me know if anyone has an questions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

I am making this! Thanks Stephen. Amazing how something so simple is,so great.
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Feb 9 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #177

Can I get this one dad??

Member No.: 7,987

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend with the company of fellow Porsche enthusiasts! I don’t say 914 as there were a few 911 people who stopped by and assisted with cleaning as well as disassembly and re-assembly of the transmissions. Not to mention one individual who brought his 915 box for a rebuild, I think he may have gotten my donor trans differential, not sure but someone got it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

As for Dr. Evil or Mike of the shiny cranium (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif) , I truly enjoyed his caustic and quick witted repartee. A man after my own heart with an intellect that juxtaposes the medical and mechanical realms of concept and experience; an oddity to some but truly a diamond to those who wish to learn more about the inner workings of our beloved vehicles. Although he exudes a short and acerbic exterior at times, it doesn’t take long to see that this is merely an act and that he really does give a rat’s ass about what you are doing with you gearbox. He is not a ‘professor’ that will stand before you and lecture you on the finer points of gear ratio’s, tolerances and specifications. No, he is a go too guy that focuses on getting the job done but, will take the time to explain the finer intricacies of what he is having you do if you ask.

The price of admission was worth it, not just for the expertise that Mike brings to the clinic but for the opportunity to meet many of the forum members and put faces to names. I can’t thank Mblizzard (Mike), James, Steve, Tim, Zach, Eric and other’s enough for the great time and assistance as we went through the weekend.

My hats off to Scotty B for putting up with us in his shop as I know he had to move some things around to make up the room. You know you have a free meal here in the Norfolk area anytime you’re down here Scotty! Hell, I got a guest room if you ever need it.

Hopefully, my teaching schedule will allow me to make Hershey’s now that I am stateside and I can link up with many of you again and maybe meet some new members of the group. Would I recommend attending Dr. Evil’s clinic? Hell yes! But, only if you come with an open mind and round shoulders. If you get offended easily or have a set of preconception on how he is going to do business, stay home. Mike is not for those with pussy sensibilities. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

In closing I have one thing to bring up. Is it me or does Dr. Evil kinda look like an Amish proletariat waiting to take over the US akin to Stalin or Lenin… (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Feb 9 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #178

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

Stephen - the OINK was awesome! I also appreciated the rice.

Theo and I had a good time. Doing my part to raise future car nerds. He did drop the "oh shit" comment on the way home. Had to explain that he was not in trouble, but what happens during guys weekend can't come back into the house. LOL!

Did not spend as much time as I thought I would heckling the builders. Lots of great work was getting done. Always fun to hang out with everyone. Sorry I checked off to bed somewhat early. Still not feeling quite right after the illness earlier in the week. Get really tired really quick.

Made it back to York PA this afternoon in record time. 3.5 hours (ie- no traffic on 95). Usually its a 5 hour trip.

Scott - Erin busted up laughing when I told her that Theo called you a dick. ;-)

Zach
+Quote Post
type47
post Feb 9 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #179

Viermeister

Member No.: 994

Thanks Mblizzard! ... and a good time was had by all... Thanks to all ...
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Feb 9 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #180

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 7 2014, 09:17 AM) *

Evil is on his way...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Evil Tracker-

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:41 PM