Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Clinic in Charles City, VA at Scotty B's, FEB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Dr Evil
Same rules and regs as the last 10 clinics.

Where: Kahiko Customs - http://kahikocustoms.com/ Charles City, VA

When: Feb 8-9, Start time 9am both days.

Covered: 901 transmissions from early 911/912/914

Cost: $300 per builder, free for spectators, Free for 18 and under.

Includes: Instruction, hands on building, use of all special tools needed, new stainless hardware. No parts cleaner.

You need to get: Seal kit, regular tools, drain your box before you come.

Good used parts will be available on site. You can prepurchase new parts through me if you like.

List of potential students as of 11/26/13:
MBlizzard
Stephenaki
Bullit
Bob
Cupomeat
Phillip W
Shawn914
Puffinator
Billsimmeth
TeenerTim
Type47
LVNZDRM

If you plan to be a student and your name is not on the list, let me know. I need to plan ahead to get parts in stock and supplies.
Dr Evil
Bump? Where were all the interested parties?
Mblizzard
Just saw this! I will have to check on the location for travel but I am intrested.
stephenaki
I'm in. beer.gif Want me to do up some Kalua pig for this foray of masochistic DIYers?
bozo914
I can come and add to the chaos - as a spectator. Attended the last one - it was oily fun first.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Nov 7 2013, 09:27 AM) *

I'm in. beer.gif Want me to do up some Kalua pig for this foray of masochistic DIYers?

Hell yes!

So, when in Feb? I need to submit the request for time off so let me know when works for everyone.
Dave_Darling
So, the first question:

Will the Evil Bus make it to Scotty's this time? wink.gif

--DD
stephenaki
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 7 2013, 10:46 AM) *

QUOTE(stephenaki @ Nov 7 2013, 09:27 AM) *

Hell yes!

So, when in Feb? I need to submit the request for time off so let me know when works for everyone.

I'm easy, I have close to 50 days of leave so can take the time off. I will go with whatever date is chosen I just need to know so I can make sure they don't schedule me to teach any classes on those days if it is not during a weekend.

I will also need total count of people so I know how much pig to make. Since I can't dig an imu in my back yard I'll make pig Hapa Haole style and then bring it up the next day in a big ass crock pot and roaster to keep it warm.
scotty b
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 7 2013, 01:40 PM) *

So, the first question:

--DD

It made it to the shop the last time mellow.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 7 2013, 07:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 7 2013, 01:40 PM) *

So, the first question:

--DD

It made it to the shop the last time mellow.gif

agree.gif

So fuck you, you arent even coming out. tongue.gif bootyshake.gif
bulitt
It's going to be pretty darn cold in Feb. We may have to push all of Scotts projects out to work in the heat???

I haven't used the last rebuild yet blink.gif

If I can find another one cheap I'm in for a rebuild. If not I'm a lookie-loo.

SOT- hijacked.gif Scott- I have 4 FG Patrick fenders I need painted. If you can work them in. If so, will probably mail them to you in next month or so. Will be talking.
bob
I'm in...

-bob
Gary
If anyone wants to go but needs a tranny to rebuild, shoot me a pm. I have a spare sitting on the shelf. My schedule is pretty tight nowadays, so I probably won't make it down.
Cupomeat
I'm in, plus maybe I can get my dad's 901 (911) trans then as well, if not before.
billh1963
I'll plan to attend as a spectator/helper. I still have my two rebuilds from last time!

Then again, I think I may have a spare transmission I can bring for a rebuild.. idea.gif
DRPHIL914
i do have a line on a supposedly "good" 901 trans that a guy is giving me. might be worth $300 to bring up and crack open, idea.gif
put me down as "probable".

Phil
Dr Evil
Are there any weekends that month that do not work for people? I need to get this submitted. The sooner the better.
Dr Evil
Also, I am always looking for "spare transmissions" so let me know if yo have any. I can buy then at the clinic, or trade some tuition/parts for them.
shawn914
I'm in. Dates? How about Feb 1 or Feb 8?
THX
Shawn
zymurgist
Maybe I'll spectate, if I don't make a Florida trip in Feb.
Dr Evil
So we have weekend of Feb 1 and 8 thrown around. Are there any weekends in Feb that do not work for people? If no one speaks up, I will pick one and stick with it smile.gif
Mblizzard
8th may be better for me.
Dr Evil
OK, two votes for the 8th. Any detractors?
balljoint
Either is fine for me.
bulitt
QUOTE(balljoint @ Nov 8 2013, 06:32 PM) *

Either is fine for me.

lol-2.gif Fat chance
Dr Evil
Dave always threatens to come down.......then he reaches the border and they send him back.
puffinator
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 8 2013, 07:52 PM) *

Dave always threatens to come down.......then he reaches the border and they send him back.

8th or 15th

Dr Evil
Again, a vote for the 8th. So, the 8-9th is the date.
type47
+1 flag.gif
billsimmeth
Sign me up! I'm a lurking early 911 owner.

Mike, we corresponded last year about a 902/0 4-speed I wanted to convert to a 5-speed. In the meantime, I found a 902/1 with the AFSMX gear set I wanted. I want to rebuild the latter at the clinic. Seller said it worked fine, but after it arrived at my place and I put it on the bench, the selector shaft is "frozen". headbang.gif

I can bring the 902/0 with me if you're still interested in the parts. (I also have a 911/01 I can bring.)

Do you want tuition in advance?
Cupomeat
I'd rather it be the 8th or the 15th, otherwise I am out. 1st is a big work event and 22nd is little one's bday.
puffinator
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Nov 8 2013, 11:09 AM) *

Maybe I'll spectate, if I don't make a Florida trip in Feb.

Count me in

wrightee
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 4 2013, 10:43 PM) *

Same rules and regs as the last 10 clinics.

Where: Kahiko Customs - http://kahikocustoms.com/ Charles City, VA

When: Feb 8-9

I'm planning to attend, maybe as a spectator as I'm not sure on where I'll be with my project at that time... when do you need to know if I want to jump into the rebuilding action?

Thanks, Ed
stephenaki
Just had to move my TIG welding class to the weekend but I can miss a class so I'll be there on the 8th with some Kalua pig.
Dr Evil
billsimmeth, cool. I am interested in parts and cores so bring them.

The clinic is the 8-9th. This is set.

I would like tuition later. Dont sweat it. This will happen regardless of number so I can wait until about a month before. That way if anyone has a change in plans between now and then I do not need to be bothered with refusing refunds wink.gif tongue.gif
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 8 2013, 11:37 AM) *

Also, I am always looking for "spare transmissions" so let me know if yo have any. I can buy then at the clinic, or trade some tuition/parts for them.

I have a side-shift to rebuild and a tail-shift spare for you.
Dr Evil
Woot! Sounds good.

I plan to update post one with list of students (tentative, no obligation at this time. )
Mblizzard
Dr. Evil where is the best place to get the seal kit? Also, is there a way to add a slightly taller 5th gear without breaking the bank? Not thinking about a gear close to what you would do with a V8 but something just a bit taller.
Dr Evil
Mike, seal kits are available at all venders, but I try to patronize the little guys that support us so GPR is my usual go to. Dont wait until the last minute. smile.gif

The options for a taller 5th are basically a flipped H gear. I do not have any currently, but am always looking for people. Prices are all over the place for these and urgency of need is why larger prices are often met.

If you want further help, PM me and we can chat.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 14 2013, 03:45 PM) *

Mike, seal kits are available at all venders, but I try to patronize the little guys that support us so GPR is my usual go to. Dont wait until the last minute. smile.gif

The options for a taller 5th are basically a flipped H gear. I do not have any currently, but am always looking for people. Prices are all over the place for these and urgency of need is why larger prices are often met.

If you want further help, PM me and we can chat.

I will look for an H and order a seal kit.
TeenerTim
Craig's List: Side-shift tranny $100. Not mine.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/4184068829.html
Dr Evil
Damn, can anyone get this for me? I will send money. I sent it on to Scooter. All the cores are hours away from me dry.gif
Mblizzard
Ran across this and thought it said a lot.

As a question, do we get a copy of the DVD or other material to study before hand?
Dr Evil
My DVD are always available for sale. Whether or not you would benefit $25 worth by studying it before the clinic is up to you smile.gif

Thanks for posting that link. I always forget about it....now I added it to my sig.
Dr Evil
Post 1 updated with latest list of perspective attendees. No need to pay yet.
Olympic 914
Obviously the trans should be pretty clean before starting the rebuild, but what about inside. I have drained the gear lube already, moving it around to try and get it all out. would there be any harm or benefit to maybe putting a quart of kerosene in to clean out the remaining lube?
Dr Evil
Nope. Drain it is all you need. Dont pressure wash it more than a day or two before rebuild as moisture will get in there and start to flash rust parts.
balljoint
What is Scott's home address? I will want to drop off my bag and my sousaphone before heading to the shop.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(balljoint @ Nov 26 2013, 10:23 PM) *

What is Scott's home address? I will want to drop off my bag and my sousaphone before heading to the shop.

balljoint
Okay. Via PM it is. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.