Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Clinic in Charles City, VA at Scotty B's, FEB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
hot_shoe914
I guess I will be there some time or other, possibly Friday night or even earlier if I leave Thursday night.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
I am sure Scooter would love you there Thurs night. Then he could have you all to his lonesome smile.gif
bulitt
icon_bump.gif

For anyone heading to the clinic. I have a passenger and driver seat, and backpad all off a 1973. Need these out of my garage, so will haul up to Scotty's. (weather permitting)
Price = FREE.

More info here- Classified Ad
stephenaki
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2014, 12:20 PM) *

Here are the paid peoples:
Eric Kritzler
Bill Simmeth
Type47
Mblizzard
Stephenaki
Steve Gaylor
LVNZDRM
James Wallace
Shawn914
Puffinator
Nozzel
TeenerTim

OK, I'll use 20 for a planning factor, that should give me some buffer for the Kalua pig and rice. So, I will cook up some Kalua pig the night before and bring my big rice pot that day. That will be my contribution to the event. chowtime.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Jan 28 2014, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2014, 12:20 PM) *

Here are the paid peoples:
Eric Kritzler
Bill Simmeth
Type47
Mblizzard
Stephenaki
Steve Gaylor
LVNZDRM
James Wallace
Shawn914
Puffinator
Nozzel
TeenerTim

OK, I'll use 20 for a planning factor, that should give me some buffer for the Kalua pig and rice. So, I will cook up some Kalua pig the night before and bring my big rice pot that day. That will be my contribution to the event. chowtime.gif

Throw out something the rest of can contribute!
VaccaRabite
I'm planning to come and help/heckle as needed.

Zach
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 28 2014, 07:03 PM) *

Zach

Bring some of your shifter knobs! Still one of the best parts on my car.
type47
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jan 28 2014, 01:23 PM) *

For anyone heading to the clinic. I have a passenger and driver seat, and backpad all off a 1973. Need these out of my garage, so will haul up to Scotty's. (weather permitting)
Price = FREE.

I answered in your classified ad that I'll take these for saigon71 as he is/was looking for a black seat. PU at the trans clinic
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jan 28 2014, 10:12 PM) *

Zach

Bring some of your shifter knobs! Still one of the best parts on my car.

If I had any to bring I would. Totally sold out since fall and no time right now to make any more.
Zach
Dr Evil
Hey all, I am looking for cores. If you have them, let me know in PM and maybe we can work something out.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 30 2014, 09:36 PM) *

Hey all, I am looking for cores. If you have them, let me know in PM and maybe we can work something out.

I know a guy who has a few, I will see if he will part with a couple or so. If he does, maybe he will meet up with me and I can bring them if I get to make it up. My trailer may not be ready in time but I will do my best.
Dr Evil
That would be huge. Thanks man.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2014, 08:45 AM) *

That would be huge. Thanks man.

Sorry, he has traded all of the boxes to someone else. I called the other guy and he doesn't want to part with them. Wish I had been at the auction where they got them. They were selling for $25 and $30 a piece.
VaccaRabite
You say this just to taunt Mike, don't you.

Good job!
68911l
I'm going to drive up to spectate, but will bring a spare 901 just in case.
hot_shoe914
I'm out. sad.gif I have to take care of some things with the house I'm buying so I will headbang.gif not be able to make it. Hope you guys have fun.
scotty b
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 3 2014, 05:05 AM) *

I'm out. sad.gif I have to take care of some things with the house I'm buying so I will headbang.gif not be able to make it. Hope you guys have fun.

So I should just leave your freshly painted car in the parking lot then ? dry.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 3 2014, 12:05 PM) *

So I should just leave your freshly painted car in the parking lot then ? dry.gif

I will drive it back to Knoxvile for him. driving.gif

He can pick it up at my house.... Nobody tell him where I live!
Dr Evil
Oh Scotty, you have so much room to store a freshly painted tub. What are you worried about dry.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 3 2014, 02:05 PM) *

That will be fine. I haven't been able to get my trailer ready to go yet either thanks to all this crappy weather. Wasn't really looking forward to hauling it back on freshly salted roads anyway. At least in the parking lot, it won't get salted.
bozo914
I'm planning on spectating/getting in the way. Bringing a crock pot of chili, w/ plenty of fuel for Dr. Evil's methane plant (ie: it'll have beans in it). My plan is to sleep outside... smile.gif where I won't die from the methane poisoning. Sorry about the rest of you staying over.
plas76targa

Zach

I will be there to spectate too! I'll sleep in my usual spot. The rest of you SOB's leave me alone! I will make sure to have several helpings of Bo's chili to discourage y'all.

Matt
Dr Evil
Gonna be hard since he can not store stuff outside.....
scotty b
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 3 2014, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 3 2014, 02:05 PM) *

That will be fine. I haven't been able to get my trailer ready to go yet either thanks to all this crappy weather. Wasn't really looking forward to hauling it back on freshly salted roads anyway. At least in the parking lot, it won't get salted.

It's been OVER a month since we discussed this. I have put other work aside for the better part of 3 weeks to make certain I had things taken care of on my end. I have no outdoor storage so it will have to stay indoors. dry.gif

1-800-Uhaul slap.gif

35.00 / day storage is going to add up quick poke.gif
billh1963
I like Marathon Blue! Leave it in the parking lot...I'll make a midnight run to Virginia with my trailer happy11.gif
stephenaki
Sooo, I got access to a chemical washer, any problems with me using the sucker to clean the tranny case? Just want to make sure so I don't damage anything prior to the clinic this weekend.
puffinator
Mike Blizzard had earlier posted a list of items to bring to the clinic based on Dr. Evil’s guidance plus there were a few more suggestions. This is the list so far:
- Seal kit
- standard metric wrench and socket set of common sizes up to 19 mm
- standard screw drivers
- pliers
- BFH; I am guessing that is a big f….ing hammer
- adjustable wrench
- seal puller
- set of punches
- pack of cleaning rags (the 100 pack)
- zip lock bags for parts
- lots of disposable gloves
- cleaning spray, hand cleaner
- old clothes - Mike says he will have an extra TYVEK suit
- Beer
- Folding stands and board or folding table
- Sealants of any kind???
- Ground cover to catch drippings
In the Dr. Evil DVD the following additional items are used during the rebuild:
- Micrometers
- Big chisel
- Metal straight edge
- Vaseline
- 400 grit sand paper
- JB Weld
- Soft hammer
Anything else?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(puffinator @ Feb 4 2014, 11:44 AM) *

- Vaseline
- 400 grit sand paper
- JB Weld
- Soft hammer

Great now how am I going to convince my wife that it is ok I am going out of town. Meeting someone called Dr. Evil. And have her actually believe that i am going to work on my car as I am packing those items? As if Tranny Clinic did not raise enough red flags. shades.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(puffinator @ Feb 4 2014, 11:44 AM) *

Mike Blizzard had earlier posted a list of items to bring to the clinic based on Dr. Evil’s guidance plus there were a few more suggestions. This is the list so far:
- Seal kit
- standard metric wrench and socket set of common sizes up to 19 mm
- standard screw drivers
- pliers
- BFH; I am guessing that is a big f….ing hammer
- adjustable wrench
- seal puller
- set of punches
- pack of cleaning rags (the 100 pack)
- zip lock bags for parts
- lots of disposable gloves
- cleaning spray, hand cleaner
- old clothes - Mike says he will have an extra TYVEK suit
- Beer
- Folding stands and board or folding table
- Sealants of any kind???
- Ground cover to catch drippings
In the Dr. Evil DVD the following additional items are used during the rebuild:
- Micrometers
- Big chisel
- Metal straight edge
- Vaseline
- 400 grit sand paper
- JB Weld
- Soft hammer
Anything else?

I highly recomend your own set of bent tip pliers!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Feb 4 2014, 11:39 AM) *

Sooo, I got access to a chemical washer, any problems with me using the sucker to clean the tranny case? Just want to make sure so I don't damage anything prior to the clinic this weekend.

What is the solvent? Any of the water based solvents like simple green may cause rust if left inside too long. I flushed my out with a good spray of WD-40 after cleaning. Yes WD = water displacing.
MDG
QUOTE(puffinator @ Feb 4 2014, 02:44 PM) *

Anything else?

Depends on the Doc's mood.

mellow.gif

If he's at all randy, you can't go wrong with one of these.

Click to view attachment

scotty b
I have ZERO tables/workbenches here, so if anyone is driving a wagon or truck and can bring tables it would be great.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 4 2014, 01:53 PM) *

I have ZERO tables/workbenches here, so if anyone is driving a wagon or truck and can bring tables it would be great.

I can bring a couple of the plastic folding in the middle tables. May have to support them in the middle if two trans are on them. Will have to be sure they are clean when we are done. I was going to bring one anyway.

Let me know.
bulitt
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 4 2014, 04:53 PM) *

Will bring a cardtable.
Dr Evil
Any table is good. The heavy stuff stays on the floor.
type47
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 4 2014, 12:20 PM) *

you don't remember the size of the tip do you? At the price of a single plier at Sears ...

http://www.sears.com/search=bent%20tip%20pliers?levels=Tools

I would only want to get the one correct size.

have a chance to shop today. I have a replaceable tip snap ring pliers set and wonder if that'll do.....
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 5 2014, 08:01 AM) *

you don't remember the size of the tip do you? At the price of a single plier at Sears ...

have a chance to shop today. I have a replaceable tip snap ring pliers set and wonder if that'll do.....

I used a replaceable tip set, they worked ok as long as the tips don't move!

The fixed ones are easier but I don't know the tip size!
bulitt
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 5 2014, 11:01 AM) *

You don't need to purchase this tool for the clinic. Evil has a big hefty one and there was not a line to use it.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 5 2014, 09:18 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 5 2014, 11:01 AM) *

You don't need to purchase this tool for the clinic. Evil has a big hefty one and there was not a line to use it.

I have been to one clinic and hosted one and the only thing people end up waiting on was the pliers to come available! True you will be able to finish no problem without your own but when I had my own I was able to help others and speed things up!
james wallace
Hi everybody I'm registered and will be in Charles City on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Can someone tell me if the shop's heated or if I should plan to be close to the ambient temps (50's it looks) for the day. Thanks.

James
VaccaRabite
I'll bring a folding table. Not a problem.

Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 5 2014, 12:42 PM) *

Zach

You sick. You no come !! No pukey pukey here Joe mad.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 5 2014, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 5 2014, 12:42 PM) *

Zach

You sick. You no come !! No pukey pukey here Joe mad.gif

No pukey???
beerchug.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
Dr Evil
Tick tock....... Leaving for Scottys bondo mansion tomorrow some time.
lvnzdrm
Could you give us a quick rundown of what we need to bring with us? ( what hand tools/ equipment) Gasket kit I have. Is there a parts cleaner? Bring fresh fluids? Should the unit be drained? Thanks for the help. I am planning on bringing a cooler with drinks and ice, there are no fast food joints or quickie stops close by so for the guys driving in you may want to stock up as your heading in. I live in New Kent which is only about a 15 minute drive away. See you guys soon.

Jon LVNZDRM
Dr Evil
Please see first post for answers to all your questions. 9am, regular tools, drain your dirty box, no parts cleaner.
lvnzdrm
I've been reading this post for 3 months. Eyes are glazed over! I always tell my son "Don't be that guy" I was just him. Sorry.... See you guys soon. I'll adjust accordingly!!

Jon
lvnzdrm
I've been reading this post for 3 months. Eyes are glazed over! I always tell my son "Don't be that guy" I was just him. Sorry.... See you guys soon. I'll adjust accordingly!!

Jon
scotty b
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Feb 6 2014, 01:04 PM) *

Could you give us a quick rundown of what we need to bring with us? ( what hand tools/ equipment) Gasket kit I have. Is there a parts cleaner? Bring fresh fluids? Should the unit be drained? Thanks for the help. I am planning on bringing a cooler with drinks and ice, there are no fast food joints or quickie stops close by so for the guys driving in you may want to stock up as your heading in. I live in New Kent which is only about a 15 minute drive away. See you guys soon.

Jon LVNZDRM

GPS's's's will most likely be bringing them in exit 205. McDoogles, Wendy's, Bojangles, Subway, Pizza Hut, Dominoes poke.gif
Mblizzard
Packed! Leaving in morning. I am sure I have forgotten something but the trans is in the car with the tables. See you guys Saturday morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.