Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump
vagabundo
post Nov 13 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,870

I posted this on the PP BBS but thought I would start this here to see if a wider audience might help.

I am the original owner of a 1973 2.0 with stock EFI and about 115K miles. Several years ago I had a shop relocate the fuel pump up front while I had the tank out. The car hasn't been driven much since then but I got back on the road recently and the car was driving great after I sorted out some relay problems.

Last week I had to jump start the car knowing the battery was shot. Car was runnin', so I took it out but could not restart to get it back home, even with a jump. My local mechanic replaced the battery and was able to get the car started but it appears the fuel pump is shot (he tapped it with a l'il hammer to get it going).

Here's my problem -- I know these 2.0 pumps are NLA but I could take out the pump and send it Auto ATL for a rebuild. I saw on another thread that the ground wire could be a culprit, so I'm going to check that first. Are there any other things I should be looking at before I take out the pump? I would hate to miss a shade-tree fix before I go down that road.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

vb
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:20 AM