Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Case Stud Sealant?
NCRider
post Nov 22 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,809
Region Association: South East States

Steve Im just going off of what Jake recommended/DIRECTED at the time I bought my kit. Look into the specs and characteristics of each of these sealants. Jake used them in these areas for a reason. Thats good enough for me. No need for me to deviate or try and reinvent the wheel. I pretty much already paid for that. Just follow the yellow brick road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bulldog9
post Feb 22 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Well, I'm almost at this point, ready to start assembly, and in going over my parts list, I realized I never bought this stuff...... Unfortunately, the type 4 store (sold as a kit) isnt up yet.

Anyone have an idea on what sizes are needed? I'm thinking of the 50ml, but figured I'd double check first...

Also, any chages in the "current wisdom?"
+Quote Post
Java2570
post Feb 22 2014, 02:20 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,035
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The tubes of Curil K2 & T that came in my T4 sealant kit are both 75ml but I only
used small amounts of each and have a bunch leftover. I ended up using most of the tube of Loctite 565 thread sealant over the course of the build. I think it was a slightly smaller tube, maybe 55ml.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 08:06 PM