Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> JP-Pics of Schlicks for you!, pics of 16x10 rims+slicks under flares
nine14cats
post Dec 27 2004, 01:43 AM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

Hi JP,

I finally got around to playing with the set of 16x10 rims I have with slicks on them. I fitted them on the rears and fronts using 3 different spacer combos. The combos were:

1. A 43mm (1.7 inch) spacer
2. A 28mm (1.1 inch) spacer
3. No spacer

I fitted Goodyear 23.5x10.5x16 slicks mounted on 16x10 HRE 3 pc rims.

Backspacing on the rims are 5 5/8 inches.

Inner fenderwell clearance is no problem with a 43mm or 28mm spacer. However, they do not allow clearance on the HPH flares even if you file down the fender returns. No spacer has a 1/2 inch clearance on the inner fenderwell and will clear the HPH fenders with room to spare. It looks to me that a rim with the 5 5/8 backspace with a 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 spacer will fit.

You'll have to do the math based on your own rim backspacing, but I think you're definitely fine running 16x10's in the rear with the Hoosier 22x10x16. The 23.5x11.5x16's are a tad wider than they Goodyears I tried, but trimming the return should allow them to fit. I

In the front, it's another story. With no spacer the 23.5x10.5x16 was getting stuck on the lower front part of the fender (right where the front spoiler mounts). It's not the spoiler that hits, it's the fender itself. However, the cantis or the 22x10x16 Hoosiers will clear, even with a 1 inch spacer. I couldn't go bigger than that as then the smaller slicks would start to rub.

So...it looks like you can run the smaller Hooser slicks on 16x10's all around or run the smaller ones in front and possibly the larger ones on the back.

Here's some pics.....

First ones are of the 43mm (1.7") spacer...inner fender....

Bill P.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 11:21 AM