Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JP-Pics of Schlicks for you!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Hi JP,

I finally got around to playing with the set of 16x10 rims I have with slicks on them. I fitted them on the rears and fronts using 3 different spacer combos. The combos were:

1. A 43mm (1.7 inch) spacer
2. A 28mm (1.1 inch) spacer
3. No spacer

I fitted Goodyear 23.5x10.5x16 slicks mounted on 16x10 HRE 3 pc rims.

Backspacing on the rims are 5 5/8 inches.

Inner fenderwell clearance is no problem with a 43mm or 28mm spacer. However, they do not allow clearance on the HPH flares even if you file down the fender returns. No spacer has a 1/2 inch clearance on the inner fenderwell and will clear the HPH fenders with room to spare. It looks to me that a rim with the 5 5/8 backspace with a 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 spacer will fit.

You'll have to do the math based on your own rim backspacing, but I think you're definitely fine running 16x10's in the rear with the Hoosier 22x10x16. The 23.5x11.5x16's are a tad wider than they Goodyears I tried, but trimming the return should allow them to fit. I

In the front, it's another story. With no spacer the 23.5x10.5x16 was getting stuck on the lower front part of the fender (right where the front spoiler mounts). It's not the spoiler that hits, it's the fender itself. However, the cantis or the 22x10x16 Hoosiers will clear, even with a 1 inch spacer. I couldn't go bigger than that as then the smaller slicks would start to rub.

So...it looks like you can run the smaller Hooser slicks on 16x10's all around or run the smaller ones in front and possibly the larger ones on the back.

Here's some pics.....

First ones are of the 43mm (1.7") spacer...inner fender....

Bill P.
nine14cats
Fender lip....43mm (1.7") spacer....
nine14cats
Here's the 28mm (1.1") spacer clearance on the inner wall....
nine14cats
Fender lip with the 28mm (1.1") spacer....
Mueller
any pictures of the side profile with those rims??? IPB Image
nine14cats
No spacer on the inner fender well....
nine14cats
fender lip with no spacer....
nine14cats
and the last one...another shot of no spacer in relation to the fender lip....

I hope some of this helps...fitting tires and rims under custom flares is tricky...

Bill P.
nine14cats
Hi Mike,

Nope...I didn't take any from the side...I didn't even think about it...but the HPH flares look good with 16" rims....

Maybe before the new owner picks up the car in a few weeks I'll put the rims back on for a side profile shot.

Bill P.
J P Stein
Thanks, Bill. I know that's a lot of work....swapping that stuff in & out. I appreciate the info....now, all I have to do is figure out what to do/what I can afford.

A 10 inch slick has .5 inch more tread than a 9.5 cantilever, but costs me a pee pot more cash that could be used elsewhere. IPB Image

Any thoughts as to how far these schlicks deform under side load.....top to bottom?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.