Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Windshield frame replacement?
Mwood
post Dec 3 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,509
Region Association: Northern California

This is a foolish question but I figure that it wont hurt to

The previous owner of my car, as well as welding a cage bar directly behind the drivers seat that limited how far back it can go by about 8 inches, decided to chop and angle back the windshield frame of my car 10 degrees. Apparently this was for attempted gains in aerodynamics.
I have access to a parts car with a good windshield frame and I want to be able to run a roof.

What is the easiest way to replace the whole windshield frame on a 914? If the piece that includes the frame and cowl and wiper motor can be removed thats easiest.. If i would have to chop it and jig it and weld on a new one Ill just wait on the whole thing..

Ideas?

Also, if anyone has a link to a diy on removing the sleeve on the wiring harness that goes through the firewall behind the cabin that would be helpful im trying to pull the whole harness.

Thank you
Mitch
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:14 PM