Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> another newbie with questions, track car back to driver car (but still track worthy)
jimkelly
post Dec 6 2013, 05:30 AM
Post #21

Delaware USA

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

exhaust nut thread...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=Copper+nuts

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-10225-1285000734.jpg)

jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nathansnathan
post Dec 6 2013, 08:12 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 11,782
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rmdinmd @ Dec 6 2013, 02:31 AM) *

Got the scanner working. I circled the pieces I think I need.
Will have to crawl under and look closer when I put the t-stat bellows and cable roller in.

24 you probably have - it is hidden between the oil cooler and the case,similar to 17 on the other side, under the top tin. Something to keep in mind about 12 is there are different versions for tail shift and side shift.

I bet you are missing 17 and 18 below, to seal the heat. Also, I think 2 (?) of 26. It looks like you are missing 20 and 22, maybe 24 and 25?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/c767504.r4.cf2.rackcdn.com-11782-1386339121.1.gif)
+Quote Post
rmdinmd
post Dec 6 2013, 09:11 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 16,585
Region Association: South East States

yes I am pretty sure I am missing 17 & 18 plus both 26's from the heater tin diagram.
I have already gotten 20,22,24,25 and both 4's and when the HE and parts come in from tangerine I will have at least one 9 modified along with other modified pieces. Right now my biggest concern is were the cooling and heater tins connect together as I am pretty certain some are missing.
the flapper boxes while not always cheap seem to be available so not a huge concern at this moment.
the tins on the other hand seem to be harder to find.

I will look for the pieces you were talking about, now I have a better clue where to look. and yes the car is a side shift so it is good to know there are differences.

you all are a great help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
ericoneal
post Dec 6 2013, 11:38 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 14,795

The tins that I have were given to me in a box by the previous owner, who had removed the heating system, and the car is a 1973 2.0 sideshift. So they should work for you...
+Quote Post
rmdinmd
post Dec 7 2013, 07:14 AM
Post #25

attached are some pics of what I have gotten. I am aware that I may be missing a hose and a seal for the fresh air box, sending out a request for info to supplier; figure it is holiday season and things happen.

Attached Image hoses, the reddish ones go from the heater flap to the long behind the seats? I know two of the black ones connect the blower to the down pipe on each side.

Attached Image heater tins I have. waiting on HE and modified pieces from tangerine. then will know if I need to get flapper, at least one comes with kit. Also getting the 2 pieces of tin from Ericoneal, so I might a shot of getting heat for xmas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

heater lever, cable and have other little pieces as well (nuts, seals)

Attached Image and added a second set of slides to orig seat so it and the rally seat can be swaped without haveing to swap parts. found a passenger sun visor to replace one missing.

Seems there is a little debate about what kind of nuts to use on the exhaust. At this time the exhaust is not an issue and I suspect the guy I bought the car from used the bolts that came with the header kit. It gives me something to think about in the future when I go to get into it a little deeper.

Attached Image The key I got with car looks really funky, almost serated (on the left), so I got some locks that had a key that looks "normal (center) and some blanks and plan on rekeying my locks and getting new keys cut. right know the key I have only works in the ignition, I figure it would be nice to have one key work them all. I have found the rekeying thread on here. tons of info and advice here.

again thanks to you all.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
rmdinmd
post Dec 7 2013, 07:16 AM
Post #26

another question, for surface rust; what do you all recommend. wire brush or wheel and then coat treat it with what? again an area of debate. I don't think I have any major rust but you never know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Both trunks need the RD panels I have welded in, and the drivers door needs attention but I would like to try to get ahead of any other rust before it gets bad.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:02 AM