Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> building a megaphone bracket, any suggestions
vintage914racer
post Dec 28 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,473

Since tomorrow is my day off I think I might try to make a megaphone bracket for my car. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? I probably won't get it completely finished since i do not have a welder, unless someone can come up with a way to do it without a welder. I guess I am planning on bending a small diameter tube and attaching it to the end of the tranny and then figure out some way to attach the megaphones to that. Suggestions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Dec 28 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #2

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

the 2.0 hanger works good as is...

KT

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
machina
post Dec 28 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

I shot this when I was at Orbit Racing couple years ago. It is their RSR LeMans Car.

I like the way the bracket captures the megaphone from underneath and then the top is held in place with a spring.

Something like this would look awsome on a 914.

I only have 1 muffler with a crappy FLAPS hangar but I'd like to fab something like this.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Dec 29 2004, 12:01 AM
Post #4

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

I use the regular 2.0 muffler bracket as I have the "street length" Bursch headers so the flanges are in the normal heat exchanger location.

I have a European Racing Headers (George Narbel) megaphone bracket stashed away in the garage. It's fairly crude and is basically a rectangle of sheet metal that bolts to the trans as usual, then has two tubes, perhaps 5/8-3/4" that extend down diagonally to each pipe. These are welded to semi-circular sheet metal pieces that are then clamped to the megaphones with "hose clamps" or equivalent.

Frankly I can't picture building one w/o welding. I'm sure it -could- be done, but the time involved might be better spent on other projects and keep in mind that this thing needs to endure high heat, vibration, and potentially weather/road hazard exposure.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:56 PM