Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: building a megaphone bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vintage914racer
Since tomorrow is my day off I think I might try to make a megaphone bracket for my car. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? I probably won't get it completely finished since i do not have a welder, unless someone can come up with a way to do it without a welder. I guess I am planning on bending a small diameter tube and attaching it to the end of the tranny and then figure out some way to attach the megaphones to that. Suggestions?
Trekkor
the 2.0 hanger works good as is...

KT
machina
I shot this when I was at Orbit Racing couple years ago. It is their RSR LeMans Car.

I like the way the bracket captures the megaphone from underneath and then the top is held in place with a spring.

Something like this would look awsome on a 914.

I only have 1 muffler with a crappy FLAPS hangar but I'd like to fab something like this.
campbellcj
I use the regular 2.0 muffler bracket as I have the "street length" Bursch headers so the flanges are in the normal heat exchanger location.

I have a European Racing Headers (George Narbel) megaphone bracket stashed away in the garage. It's fairly crude and is basically a rectangle of sheet metal that bolts to the trans as usual, then has two tubes, perhaps 5/8-3/4" that extend down diagonally to each pipe. These are welded to semi-circular sheet metal pieces that are then clamped to the megaphones with "hose clamps" or equivalent.

Frankly I can't picture building one w/o welding. I'm sure it -could- be done, but the time involved might be better spent on other projects and keep in mind that this thing needs to endure high heat, vibration, and potentially weather/road hazard exposure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.