Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Price Check:, 2.0 plug & play package
BuddyV
post Dec 12 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #1

Robert

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

Considering selling my 4 cylinder set up..... but not sure how to price it. I want to offer a fair price for fellow members. Please let me know what you think:

I will be starting an upgrade project, so my trusted 4-cylinder set up is available:

Motor: I bought it about 3 years ago from this site. The motor was a 2.0, but the build details were a mystery. PO heard it may have been used as a "Lemons" car motor by a well-known Porsche parts shop. That said, we do not know....... but the motor runs very, very strong. A bit stronger than my previous 2 liter motor. I have done the oil changes, using Brad Penn as long as I have owned it (3+ years)

Carbs: I had a set of nice 44 IDF Webers, so my mechanic cleaned them up, went through them, and installed them on this car. I thought they would be WAY too big, but they have been awesome from day one. No problems...... we have played with the jet sizes a few times during some maintenance visits. The car is running very well currently.

SSI heat exchangers. I bought the set used, in very good condition. No problems.

Exhaust: my friend owns an exhaust shop, so he made up a custom exhaust for me..... I recall it being "Borla"..... but may be Magnaflow. This system made a great a great sound! Performance?? I did notice a bit easier revving in the higher tach...... but probably more sound than anything.

Transmission: Same tail shifter I have been running for years on this car. I was going to switch it to a side shifter, but it has always run well.... so I left it in. No problems.

All tins, fuel pump, etc., included.

Car is currently running the motor...... has no issues that I know of. It has been a great set up...... I'm just looking for something different to waste away some time in the garage.

Please give me your thoughts on this complete, well sorted package. I know it would help to know more specs on the motor....... let me know what you think.

I live north of San Francisco about 45 minutes.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rnellums
post Dec 13 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #2

Professional Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,072
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I sold my low-mile rebuilt 2.0L with no fuel delivery system for 1000 two years ago or so. That said, it had rebiult heads, brand new distributor etc.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 05:05 PM