Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price Check:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BuddyV
Considering selling my 4 cylinder set up..... but not sure how to price it. I want to offer a fair price for fellow members. Please let me know what you think:

I will be starting an upgrade project, so my trusted 4-cylinder set up is available:

Motor: I bought it about 3 years ago from this site. The motor was a 2.0, but the build details were a mystery. PO heard it may have been used as a "Lemons" car motor by a well-known Porsche parts shop. That said, we do not know....... but the motor runs very, very strong. A bit stronger than my previous 2 liter motor. I have done the oil changes, using Brad Penn as long as I have owned it (3+ years)

Carbs: I had a set of nice 44 IDF Webers, so my mechanic cleaned them up, went through them, and installed them on this car. I thought they would be WAY too big, but they have been awesome from day one. No problems...... we have played with the jet sizes a few times during some maintenance visits. The car is running very well currently.

SSI heat exchangers. I bought the set used, in very good condition. No problems.

Exhaust: my friend owns an exhaust shop, so he made up a custom exhaust for me..... I recall it being "Borla"..... but may be Magnaflow. This system made a great a great sound! Performance?? I did notice a bit easier revving in the higher tach...... but probably more sound than anything.

Transmission: Same tail shifter I have been running for years on this car. I was going to switch it to a side shifter, but it has always run well.... so I left it in. No problems.

All tins, fuel pump, etc., included.

Car is currently running the motor...... has no issues that I know of. It has been a great set up...... I'm just looking for something different to waste away some time in the garage.

Please give me your thoughts on this complete, well sorted package. I know it would help to know more specs on the motor....... let me know what you think.

I live north of San Francisco about 45 minutes.
rnellums
I sold my low-mile rebuilt 2.0L with no fuel delivery system for 1000 two years ago or so. That said, it had rebiult heads, brand new distributor etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.