Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PEP Boy's Seats, What's the final word?
andys
post Dec 30 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

In the previous PB seat thread, there was one install, and a few other's that placed orders. Received them yet? Opinions on fit? Do they fit the back pad, sort of fit, or don't fit at all? How's the hand brake accessibility? Opinions on comfort/seating position? Support?

I want to take a real hard look at getting a pair, even though I have one perfect seat, and one with only a 2'x2' tear in the bolster. I really hate vinyl seats, so I'd want to, at a minimum, re-cover the pads of the stock seats in cloth. I speculate that professionally repairing the bolster alone would darned near buy me one new PB seat. The correct PB seat in blk/blk is 25-2705, right?

Andys
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dwillouby
post Dec 31 2004, 08:16 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 29
Region Association: None

I am waiting to buy also.
David
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 31 2004, 08:34 AM
Post #3

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

OK Ill chime in, Recived my pair X-mass eve (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)
Initial reactionin there pretty good quality, as light as the OE seats. I havent fit them (test or otherwise) to car yet but sitting on my floor next to the OE seat on the OE rails, it looks like the top of the headrest is about 2" taller, Width at the base is abouth the same though the seating is dramaticly different. I dosnt look like there will be andy issue with fittment W/the backpad or with the hand brake. The one issue that will need be addressed is the PB seats stock mount points dont match the OE rails. It comes with a set of sliders but If you used them it looks like you have to loose the tilt feature? Not sure about this. My preferance is to find a way to make the the OE slider/tilt work on the seat frame. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:12 PM