Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PEP Boy's Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
In the previous PB seat thread, there was one install, and a few other's that placed orders. Received them yet? Opinions on fit? Do they fit the back pad, sort of fit, or don't fit at all? How's the hand brake accessibility? Opinions on comfort/seating position? Support?

I want to take a real hard look at getting a pair, even though I have one perfect seat, and one with only a 2'x2' tear in the bolster. I really hate vinyl seats, so I'd want to, at a minimum, re-cover the pads of the stock seats in cloth. I speculate that professionally repairing the bolster alone would darned near buy me one new PB seat. The correct PB seat in blk/blk is 25-2705, right?

Andys
dwillouby
I am waiting to buy also.
David
914werke
OK Ill chime in, Recived my pair X-mass eve IPB Image
Initial reactionin there pretty good quality, as light as the OE seats. I havent fit them (test or otherwise) to car yet but sitting on my floor next to the OE seat on the OE rails, it looks like the top of the headrest is about 2" taller, Width at the base is abouth the same though the seating is dramaticly different. I dosnt look like there will be andy issue with fittment W/the backpad or with the hand brake. The one issue that will need be addressed is the PB seats stock mount points dont match the OE rails. It comes with a set of sliders but If you used them it looks like you have to loose the tilt feature? Not sure about this. My preferance is to find a way to make the the OE slider/tilt work on the seat frame. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.