Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F***ing UPS
Joe Bob
post Dec 31 2004, 09:31 PM
Post #21

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

Sorry Alison, in this case.....the foul language is warrented. These morons screwed me twice, coming and going. If James can get his claim cleared before I do...I will fly to Houston, buy him a beer and kiss his butt.....

There is NO excuse after HE took the box to MBE to pack it and STILL hosed the shipment.....UPS can (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif)

MBE packed the shipment just like I did....with one less box and "I" was told that MY packaging was sub standard....the insurance they offer is a scam....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Dec 31 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #22

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Small claims court. Win and seize one of their airplanes to satisify the judgement. Don't be mad, think get even. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Dec 31 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #23

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

Since the MBE was a UPS agent won't the fact that they did the final packing help your case? If not then what's the point of going through them being and agent.

My own personal view is that I would never ship anything that bulky and heavy in a cardboard box no matter how many peanuts you put around it. One quick turn in that truck and the unsecured box tumbles and lands the wrong way and that's what happens. Of course the box shouldnt get dropped or fall in the first place but I think it's inevitable when you are moving millions of packages a day.

That said, it still sucks and I'd be pissed too! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif)

Sean
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Dec 31 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (vsg914 @ Dec 31 2004, 05:54 PM)
1/8" pylwood? You built shipping crates from 1/8" plywood, and expected them to survive? What kinda crack ya smoking?

Happy new Year! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smoke.gif)

ok, not a "crate" per say, but a WOOD box as an outer shield to the already boxed and padded well package. short of dropping this off the loading dock on end there is nothing that would have damaged it.
+Quote Post
pete-stevers
post Dec 31 2004, 10:55 PM
Post #25

saved from fire!

Member No.: 2,914
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

colorful adjectives are sometimes a nessary part of vocabulary in order to describe the pain, frustration, and anger when a fuck up takes place......
hope you can rectify with ups, did you have insurance???
Ups screwed up a laptop of mine in years gone by...but replaced the thing completely with little or no hassle...
good luck
steve
+Quote Post
DuckRyder
post Dec 31 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #26

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 110

I once got a BMW muffler with truck tracks across it. They refused to pay the supplier stating it was improperly packed (like it would have made a difference?)
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Jan 1 2005, 02:38 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,169

When I shipped my cylinder head to Texas, I bolted it to a piece of 1/2 in particle board. Then used 3 inch closed cell foam all around it Then I put another piece on top of the head. Surrounded all of it with news papers. Then took the box double lined the top and bottom and triple lined the sides. Then I put all of it together and wrapped the box with duct tape, then packing tape. I dona't care if UPS threw it out of their airplane that bow would have survived and my stuff would have arrived intact.

When I shipped Brant some door panels, I actually custom made a box out of the same cardboard that we pack 100lb bath tubs with. Over kill, Yes. But the items arrived unhurt. I will take the time to pack something right.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Jan 1 2005, 08:41 AM
Post #28

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

I look at shipping as a challenge. I know that all shippers are gonna do their level best to bust up my stuff.*My job* is to keep them from doing it.

I shipped a 911 crank & rods (assembled) to a guy some time back. Screwed & glued 1/2 ply with internal bracing....and emailed instructions as to how to open it.

The fella liked the parts, but loved the box (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

I've shipped bumpers, engine cases, P/Cs, wheels, wheels/ tires and a shitload of other stuff. Never had a problem.
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Jan 1 2005, 11:09 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

Good point JP. You ship like you are sending it to yourself and it will survive.
Happy New Year and may all your 914 parts be happy ones too.
+Quote Post
Red-Beard
post Jan 1 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #30

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Member No.: 288

I have a "spare" tail cover, so that will go out on Monday. Actually, MBE is now "THE UPS STORE", so there is no question who packed this thing.

My preference for shipping is Forward Air, strapped to a pallet, but the closest Terminal to SB is LAX. If I had crated the tranny, it would have weighed too much for UPS.

Fortunately, I insured the tranny for $3000. It had a brand new LSD, H gear, an aluminium intermediate plate and my labor to go through this unit and make it near perfect. If it were lost, it would take at least $3000 to make another one.

Yep, now I have to go through the trouble of filing a claim for this. No more UPS for me.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jan 1 2005, 01:17 PM
Post #31

Hmmmm, I see I got edited......
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jan 1 2005, 02:17 PM
Post #32

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

pallet, pallet, pallet. it will be the last item on. if they have to drag it to get it out they won't stack a ton of stuff infront of it. 2 bodies to load something and you cut your chances of it being dropped by 50%. if this is the tranny to be included with the purple car, i can't imagine you didn't insure for replacement value. sorry for your inconvienence mike.

kevin
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jan 1 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #33

We did....3K. But UPS makes it so difficult to get any money even if it was insured for 300...they screwed it going to Houston and coming back.....

That's why James went to the MBE/UPS store....we're still gonna get the runaround.
+Quote Post
Red-Beard
post Jan 1 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #34

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Member No.: 288

We'll see what they do.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 09:00 PM