Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Long, productive weekend...
Lawrence
post May 27 2003, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 244
Region Association: None

Well, it certainly was a long weekend. I'm glad to get back to work, so I can get some rest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I worked on the /6 this weekend with Pam's help. Accomplished:

- Underside of floorboards scrubbed clean with drill and wire wheel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
- Inside floorboards scraped all the tar and cleaned.
- Painted top and bottom with POR-15.
- Installed Bill Greenway's trunk shock kit.
- Replaced speedo angle drive.
- Rebuilt pedal cluster, painted with POR-15. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
- Painted pedal board.
- Replaced bushings in 914/6 throttle linkage.
- Replaced fuel lines with steel in center tunnel, cleaned under the gas tank. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

I found a few rust spots... So there's a bit of welding in my future. The bushings in the pedal cluster and throttle linkage were absolutely non-existent. Because of the new bushings, I had to readjust the clutch and throttle. They're still not perfect, but it's driveable. I was just too tired to screw with it anymore.

After all this work, especially to the throttle and pedal cluster, the car drives completely differently. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

-Rusty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:00 AM