Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For Sale: New 914 Aftermarket Windshields, Porsche 914 Green tint & Green Shade Windshields
bdstone914
post Apr 15 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #41

bdstone914

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(nsyr @ Apr 15 2014, 06:57 PM) *

I used the rubber gasket.

With the windshield bring thinner I wonder how well the original trim seats. If there is much of an air gap the trim can work out and fly off into the wind.

I think all the aftermarket windshields are flatter. The OE had the curve at the top to smooth out the air flow as it went over the top.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dangrouche
post Apr 24 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #42

dangrouche

Member No.: 2,012
Region Association: None

I have a shout out for Richard and Lois at Pro Glass International. I sent an email in the morning, Richard responded in the afternoon and I paid for it that same day. Model FW235 is the clear tinted one that I got for $195 out the door via PayPal. I was told it would take 48 hours to get a unit the warehouse in San Francisco. I called a day early and the warehouse apparently got it sooner than expected. I picked up my windshield within 26 hours of my email. I did a cursory inspection at the warehouse and it seemed fine. I got it home and found a bit of black dirt on the driver side on the left edge, something that would not come off with chemical or mechanical scraping. I was going to chalk it up to experience and live with it, and then emailed Richard about it he replied within hours. He contacted glass shops in the San Francisco area the next day for cleaning advice. After the glass shop saw the pic I had sent to Richard, Lois later contacted me and said I could still exchange it. I brought it back and this time the warehouse personnel stripped off the shipping padding and the entire glass could be inspected thoroughly. The first unit was okay, but the padding foam had hidden the black marks. (see pic) The lesson learned here is to be thorough and inspect the entire glass before driving away. I commend Richard for his effort and Lois for her patience. Richard was emailing at all odd hours checking on the status of things. He has excellent follow through. I would not hesitate buying from them again. My highest recommendation.
UPDATED April 28 2014. here is the finished installation, using 3M brand 3/8" butyl bead

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Moneypit
post Apr 25 2014, 02:12 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 5,360
Region Association: Southwest Region

Have to add, still no Texas? Are there any "affiliations" or distributors you'd be willing to work through? I'd like to have a solid option when the time comes!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 11:54 PM