Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could it Work? Lets ask JAKE!, Blower idea
DJsRepS
post Jan 1 2005, 07:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,060

Ive seen a few turbo's done on 914/4cyl motors. Way too much hot plumbing in the engin bay and fuel lines for my liking. I go to Daytona Bike week twice a year now (OctoberFest) and I see alot of small blowers on 4cyl 1300cc rice burners and Harley Big V twins with huge carb openings. Some are direct drive and most are a small belt drive.... So why not build an aluminum air box for the OEM intake pipes and injector ports then bolt on it a good size MotorCycle blower on top the blower an over sized throdle bodie piped to an Ljet mass air flow meter as the Djet MPS would not like a pressureized air box? (pipe MPS to the throdle bodie?) With a cool custom cone filter on the air flow meter... I would prefer an FI system to the intake valve over an carb on the blower, the runners are too long? I know its more stuff to break and one can loose some reliability not for the daily runner I would guess but it might be fun!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
spare time toys
post Jan 1 2005, 07:45 AM
Post #2

hooked on grilling food.

Member No.: 1,884
Region Association: Southwest Region

Should work Ive seen bugs with blowers (not turbos) on them. A guy at work brings in his VW mags. all the time and reading them you see it done.
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Jan 1 2005, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Sooo Close.......

Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif) Dick landy industries make a neat little blower for the type1's---looks like a miniature 6-71 detroit---relly cool saw it in the back of my hot vws mag (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Jan 1 2005, 07:56 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 194
Region Association: South East States

At one time there was a company in Daytona Beach that made a blower setup for 914's. I remember see tests in the mags about these. I think it was the smaller magna charger???

Bob
+Quote Post
Sammy
post Jan 1 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 178

Yes it is possible, anything is possible.
I've heard that there are a couple out there but don't remember seeing any pictures.
Please proceed and post pics as soon as you have it running.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:08 PM