Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could it Work? Lets ask JAKE!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DJsRepS
Ive seen a few turbo's done on 914/4cyl motors. Way too much hot plumbing in the engin bay and fuel lines for my liking. I go to Daytona Bike week twice a year now (OctoberFest) and I see alot of small blowers on 4cyl 1300cc rice burners and Harley Big V twins with huge carb openings. Some are direct drive and most are a small belt drive.... So why not build an aluminum air box for the OEM intake pipes and injector ports then bolt on it a good size MotorCycle blower on top the blower an over sized throdle bodie piped to an Ljet mass air flow meter as the Djet MPS would not like a pressureized air box? (pipe MPS to the throdle bodie?) With a cool custom cone filter on the air flow meter... I would prefer an FI system to the intake valve over an carb on the blower, the runners are too long? I know its more stuff to break and one can loose some reliability not for the daily runner I would guess but it might be fun!!
spare time toys
Should work Ive seen bugs with blowers (not turbos) on them. A guy at work brings in his VW mags. all the time and reading them you see it done.
jwalters
IPB Image Dick landy industries make a neat little blower for the type1's---looks like a miniature 6-71 detroit---relly cool saw it in the back of my hot vws mag IPB Image
BIGKAT_83
At one time there was a company in Daytona Beach that made a blower setup for 914's. I remember see tests in the mags about these. I think it was the smaller magna charger???

Bob
Sammy
Yes it is possible, anything is possible.
I've heard that there are a couple out there but don't remember seeing any pictures.
Please proceed and post pics as soon as you have it running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.