Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upholstery type
Peashooter
post Jan 10 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,903
Region Association: None

I just got the COA from Porsche regarding my car. It lists the upholstery as;
black leatherette/11
Does anyone know what the /11 means? I checked Jeff Bowlsby's site, no help there. A friend has a 914-6 with a close build date to mine(2\70), and that car, which is all original, has the vinyl with basketweave inserts. That's what I was going to put in mine, but was wondering what the /11 means?
Bill
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 10 2014, 04:31 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Peashooter @ Jan 10 2014, 03:02 PM) *

I just got the COA from Porsche regarding my car. It lists the upholstery as;
black leatherette/11
Does anyone know what the /11 means? I checked Jeff Bowlsby's site, no help there. A friend has a 914-6 with a close build date to mine(2\70), and that car, which is all original, has the vinyl with basketweave inserts. That's what I was going to put in mine, but was wondering what the /11 means?
Bill

Bill,

"11" is the color code for black vinyl, and you can find on Jeff's site at tech documents or somewhere that lists the interior options' codes by MY - get the closest MY to yours, and it will list the nos. & whether smooth, basketweave, corduroy, etc. Unfortunately my laptop is on the fritz so I can't just insert the doc here from my files on that laptop I've downloaded.

It took me a year & 3 tries finally going up to the Customer Care GM at PCNA to get them to correct my COA from saying "31/Black...." when 31 is the Beige, which is how I came across the doc on Jeff's website! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

If you can't find it, shoot Jeff a PM to direct you to where it is. As I recall, they were a 2 page sheet (L & R) with it in 4 languages - all text, no pix.

I recently got a VW COA for our 88 Westy for half the price & correct the first time!

PCNA is notorious for bad COAs & the arrogance to insist that they are correct, even when you have documentation like from Jeff to prove otherwise!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Jan 10 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
Bill, my 70/4 has the /11 code and the CoA reads "black leatherette, basketweave".
The build date for my car is 01/1970.

OEM upholstery......

Paul

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Peashooter
post Jan 10 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,903
Region Association: None

Great! Just the info I was looking for....that's why I love this site! The build date on my car is 2/70. When I order the interior kits, I'll get the correct ones.

I didn't know that you could get a COA for a Westy...we have a 1990 Westfalia, but I have the original window sticker for it, so there is no mystery about what options it came with.
Thanks again!
Bill
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 01:10 AM